X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adorer
    • Jul 2014

VBulletin Design.

Hello,

1. I have been a member of some vBulletin forums for almost ten years. I am not familiar with the admin section but am quite use to the member section. I like the setup of the profile section of WarriorForum. It is actually very similar to the 3.2 of Catholic.com and I prefer it. I assume WarriorForum is using 5 Connect. Is there a way to maintain the look and set up of the profile as such automatically or what do I need to do? Also, I would like the 5 stars thread grading system of the old vBulletin and I see that WarriorForum managed to keep it. How is this possible?

2. I like the smooth look of 5 Connect, it is modern and nice. However, I think it focuses on the posts and to the serious neglect of the posters. Depending on the type of forum it is, the poster can be very important. Having the poster info to the left, just does not work for me. I want the poster information as it was on the 3.2. I know it may seem backwards to some people, but I think there is a lot to be said for it. I like reading a thread and as I read down, I can see who posted. I wouldn't necessarily want for each post look to the left to take a glance at the poster's information. So, can someone make the adjustment for me so the poster's info is above the post not to the left?
    Last edited by Adorer; Fri 10 Apr '15, 8:30pm.
  • napy8gen
    • Jul 2001
    • 6.X

No WarriorForum is on vb3. vb5 has no star rating but has "like" system
    2. Use at own risk https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=287905
    Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment

• Adorer
      • Jul 2014

Thanks for the info, napy8gen. I checked out your website. The child is adorable. Is that you when you were young or is that your son? Cute. Your work is excellent. I will keep you in mind as I move along with this arduous selection.

I thought it was going to be simple. I just knew I wanted vBulletin but when I started researching I read a lot of criticisms and some plain gossip and counter marketing by other forum platforms. It could take a toll. I decided to be open to all available options and started my research. I eliminated the free ones for many reasons including security and spam problems not to mention the look. I considered the newer 'lighter ones.' I will not mention names, Now, those I seriously researched and learned about and then I took a break for some months. Upon returning to my forum research; it is clear to me that I do not like the lighter forums. They just seem as though pieces of paper once removed.

In vBulletin and IPS you get real estate. Most specially in vBulletin's older versions. When you go to a member's profile it is as though you are in their space and it's nice. I like giving importance to the members and not treat the forum as though the information is what is important, vBulletin is perfect for providing this.

So, I started this journey with vBulletin in my mind, I did some painful forum research and it seems as though I will come full circle to vBulletin. It's down to 99% vBulletin to 1% IPS. Once I eliminate IPS, if indeed that is what I will do, then I need to evaluate which version of vBulletin I want.

Do you know what is the difference between vB3 versus vB4 versus vB5?
      Last edited by Adorer; Mon 6 Apr '15, 9:03pm.

Comment

• Adorer
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by napy8gen
        No WarriorForum is on vb3. vb5 has no star rating but has "like" system
        2. Use at own risk https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=287905

Now I understand. I thought they upgraded to vB5 but managed to keep some features of vB3. So with vB3 the profiles of the posters can be placed to the left? If I select vB5 I want the profile at top as in vB3, can you customize it like this?
        Last edited by Adorer; Fri 10 Apr '15, 8:34pm.

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
          • Nov 2014
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Adorer

Now I understand. I thought they upgrade to vB5 but managed to keep some features of vB3. So with vB3 the profiles of the posters can be placed to the left? If I select vB5 I want the profile at top as in vB3, can you customize it like this?
          I believe this is what you want: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=287905

Comment

• Adorer
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by William Thomas Jr

Thank you.

Comment