About to purchase VBulletin, please help me with these questions.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siter
    • Feb 2015

About to purchase VBulletin, please help me with these questions.

I'm wanting to build a forum similar to BlackHatWorld.com, not in terms of copying the design but the layout. I like how the most recent posts that are posted or the most recent posts with comments posted on them are displayed on the home page. I also want to be able to add categories to the left side of the site. Another question I have is in regards to users profiles. On BHW, when a user reaches a certain number of posts, BHW will display stars next to their user name denoting their post count, how can I make it to where I can have my forum display something similar? Also, I want to implement a payment system for users to upgrade their membership which would allow access to certain paid members only areas and most importsntly, if you look on BHW, there's three banners at the top of the site, how can I implement ad banner space on the site?

Most important question.

What version of vBulletin do I need? I don't know if BHW is running on a certain version that I would need to purchase in order to achieve that layout. What's the difference between vBulletin 4 & vBulletin 5 Connect? Since this is going to be a $249 purchase, I want to be sure I purchase the correct version.

Thanks and any help would be appreciated!
  • siter
    • Feb 2015

Alright, so I did just a bit more research to figure out that VB4 is included in VB5 Connect so I went ahead and purchased VB5 Connect. However, I'm still seeking answers to my remaining questions.

Comment

• starme
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

BHW is using custom modification for their frontpage. I have done same frontpage implamentation for few websites we are managing. PM me if you need assistance for that.

BHW is using vbulletin 4.

vBulletin can do what you said here. You just need to configure it:
      On BHW, when a user reaches a certain number of posts, BHW will display stars next to their user name denoting their post count, how can I make it to where I can have my forum display something similar? Also, I want to implement a payment system for users to upgrade their membership which would allow access to certain paid members only areas and most importsntly, if you look on BHW, there's three banners at the top of the site, how can I implement ad banner space on the site?

Comment

• siter
        • Feb 2015

starme Thank you very much for the response, I just purchase VB5 Connect. I couldn't seem to find where I can PM you, are you available on Skype? If so, I'd love to speak with you on there for a few minutes. Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

• starme
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.1.x

I sent you a pm. Check your inbox.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by siter
            Alright, so I did just a bit more research to figure out that VB4 is included in VB5 Connect so I went ahead and purchased VB5 Connect. However, I'm still seeking answers to my remaining questions.
            In order to get support and post in other forums please log into your Member's Area at https://members.vbulletin.com, go to Priority Forum Support, and add the email address you used to register on this forum to the Priority Forum Support email list. This will allow this account to be confirmed as a customer account.

If you plan to use vBulletin.org you should also check the box on the same page that allows vBulletin.org to confirm your license.

Comment