Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LFonseca
    • Mar 2002

Possibility of translation

I am considering purchasing this, but have a question, I know the foruns do not include language packs, but I was wondering what would translatting them involve.

Is it a web based process, like, say UBB, or the translation of one or even several independant and well-defined language files, or is it code-hacking-search-and-replace through all the program files?

If it is through language files, if somebody could post a couple of sample lines from them it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Luis Fonseca
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

UBB's system has most of the text in an online editor but there is still a good deal that is not (they have them in "templates" which are esentially Perl files that don't have as much code as the regular files, but still enough to make them scary if you've never touched a Perl file before).

Anyway vB uses templates as well, only we have an online web-based system that you edit through. Each page has a template, and certain bits of pages are other templates...all in all there are about 400, including the error/redirection/email templates (which account for about 100-150 I believe). You can check out the system at http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo/a...password=admin

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

The Hacks site for vBulletin also has some language packs: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=23
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• LFonseca
        • Mar 2002

Too much work for me

I found an alternate, already translated solution (and free to boot!) which I'll be using.

But thanks for your help anyway

Luis

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...