X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CapeHaze
    • Jan 2015
    • 3.6.x

Does vBulletin Cloud scale up for larger sites

Is there a larger package available for vBulletin cloud beyond the Gold 200 GB/month and 100 GB of storage as sites grow?
  • starme
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

I believe if you already reached more than 200GB/month bandwidth and 100GB storage, you will need more powerful server like VPS or dedicated server.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

In the event anyone exceeded those amounts we would come up with a bespoke plan, and yes it would scale.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Farook Ahmed
        Farook Ahmed commented
        Editing a comment
        Why not offer your customers more plans right upto vpn and dedicated servers. It really is cumbersome to look around for servers that have the required plugins....Maybe we can buy the annual license and pay less every month/ year.
    • CapeHaze
      • Jan 2015
      • 3.6.x

Thanks Mark. The idea of having vbulletin handle upgrades is appealing.

A related question: what is the largest image size the vbulletin cloud can process? It would be nice if non-technical users could take a photo with their device (phone or camera) and upload without getting an error message that their photo is too big. I know this can be server-taxing with today's high resolution cameras and phones now.

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by starme
        I believe if you already reached more than 200GB/month bandwidth and 100GB storage, you will need more powerful server like VPS or dedicated server.
        At this point you would need multiple dedicated servers.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Originally posted by CapeHaze
          Thanks Mark. The idea of having vbulletin handle upgrades is appealing.

A related question: what is the largest image size the vbulletin cloud can process? It would be nice if non-technical users could take a photo with their device (phone or camera) and upload without getting an error message that their photo is too big. I know this can be server-taxing with today's high resolution cameras and phones now.
          You can specify the max width and height and max file size in Attachment Manager.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• CapeHaze
            • Jan 2015
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by feldon23
            At this point you would need multiple dedicated servers.
            Would this be better than scaling up the current vbulletin cloud solution or simply cheaper?

Edit: I hope my question didn't sound like I was putting down either solution. I'm not familiar with either a highly customized multiple dedicated server solution or the current vbulletin cloud in terms of what it offers so I was curious what paths were available/best going beyond those numbers which I could see reaching in the future especially if encouraging use of the photo album features.

Comment

• CapeHaze
              • Jan 2015
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
              You can specify the max width and height and max file size in Attachment Manager.
              But what will the vbulletin cloud support without giving users errors regarding php memory limits or other issues (cpu available to resize for example.)
              Is it a cluster that can offer more cpu/memory on demand to resize large iphone photos for non-technical users than a standard hosting server?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...