X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vintum
    • Jan 2013
    • 4.2.X

Vbulletin question

Hello, I'm in the market for a good forum software and am wondering about this one.

I had heard from a long time webmaster that vbulletin does not support, and even fights against, modding of any kind.

Basically, I'm wondering if this is true or not. I have not been able to find anything saying you don't, and in fact I have been reading things that makes it seem more like you do allow this.

So far, I really like this software the most but I want to have complete freedom over my website and the related software as well.

If I think of any more questions while I'm testing stuff out, I'll come back.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

No it's not at all true. The company provides an entire modification community at www.vbulletin.org.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Vintum
      • Jan 2013
      • 4.2.X

Thanks, that helps a lot.

I was able to notice while looking around that language packs are available as well. Are these optional for users when installed?

I would be highly interested in a JP pack if they are indeed optional, as a lot of my current traffic is from Japan. I was unable to find one in the downloads section.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Yes, as a license owner, you will be entitled to download language packs from our forums
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Vintum
          • Jan 2013
          • 4.2.X

Hello again.

I'm wondering about hosting this time. I'm looking for any suggestions for excellent webhosting, that doesn't require a dedicated server.

I'm currently using securesignup, but simply wondering if there would be a better host out there for this software. These servers seem like they could run this software, but are not completely up to date for vb5 suggested requirements.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

I'm sorry but we do not make official recommendations, but we do have a hosting review forum here:

Discuss PHP and MySQL hosting here. Find out which hosts people like, and which to stay well clear of.

You can also look at http://www.webhostingtalk.com, an independent review site. Sometimes you will find hosting specials there that aren't available elsewhere on the web.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...