X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lance Hildebrandt
    • Jan 2015
    • 5.1.x

Wordpress and vBulletin

I am looking to purchase and use vBulletin for a website I run. I currently use Wordpress for my web design.

Ideally I would like to run vBulletin within my page.

Is there an option to input HTML into my wordpress site t have the vBulletin show below my navigation bar?

My site is http://www.southdakotabass.com/.

Thank you,

Lance
  • Replicant
    • Sep 2014

You can use
    Code:
    <iframe src=[Your Forum URL]></iframe>
    to imbed your forum into a webpage.

Then add some css for sizing and positioning.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

You can do that, or there's a better solution. Because vbulletin is usually going to be the dominant software to run your site, simply due to the fact that it has the site builder and will take control of your navigation,

You can view on the wordpress website documentation of methods for putting your wordpress into vbulletin which is the better way to do this in my opinion.

Vbulletin has the ability to use "HTML" and "PHP" modules which will allow you to put all the coding you need into those modules for your wordpress. Simple locate the module in the site builder > drag and drop > then edit with your code

There are many options for embedding wordpress in any kind of site as they have a lengthy documentation to do you how to do so.

More importantly, I wanted to imply once more that there are a number of great options in vBulletin 5.

Good luck.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Lance Hildebrandt
        • Jan 2015
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Replicant
        You can use
        Code:
        <iframe src=[Your Forum URL]></iframe>
        to imbed your forum into a webpage.

Then add some css for sizing and positioning.
        I'm not the most tech savvy, but I feel I get around okay.

I did Repelicant's idea and put his code in. You can go to http://southdakotabass.com/forum and see that the box is very small. What coding would I use to make it the full width and height that it needs?

Comment

• Replicant
          Replicant commented
          Editing a comment
          I see you got it sized properly. If you add
          Code:
          div#builder-module-54abe1e622b3b-background-wrapper {
              position: fixed;
              width: 100%;
          }
          to your word press style sheet, it will fix the wordpress navigation menu at the top of the page.
      • Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I think you're best off just running vBulletin in its own folder, and trying to match the theme of your wordpress site in vBulletin. ITs not generally worth all of the issues associated with iframes/framing.

Comment

• helenblog
          • Dec 2014
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          I think you're best off just running vBulletin in its own folder, and trying to match the theme of your wordpress site in vBulletin. ITs not generally worth all of the issues associated with iframes/framing.
          I agree with this idea.
          Keep vbulletin and wordpress separate from different folders and you can link them together. Or using rss from wordpress and import into vbulletin via DOM.
          Best Advertising Forum and Marketing Forum on the internet!

Comment

• Foro-Peru
            • Jan 2015
            • 5.1.x

good afternoon can be integrated with Vbulletin and BuddyPress what would be the procedure thx

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Not by default, there may be third party addons to do this though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...