X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gajinoz
    • Oct 2011

Mobile suite

I am thinking of buying this but ...

I do not have any Apple harware, software or accounts, so there is no point in the iOS version for me. I know it only comes with both versions included so is it possible, if I find somebody who can do that part for me, could I have that created down the track later after I have done the Android version?

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

You don't need to setup both versions at the same time. You can do the iOS version at a later time and only use the Android app for now. I don't have access to an Apple either so just use the Android app.

Comment

• gajinoz
      • Oct 2011

Thanks for that.

One more question: Is $199 the full and only cost for this? What about app updates, what provision is there for those?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

$199 is the only cost you pay to us for use of the Mobile Suite 1.x. You have to also pay Google for a developer account, I believe that is a one time fee of $25. If you ever want to publish an Apple iOS app then you need to pay $99 a year to Apple for that privilege.

Finally, if we ever come out with a Mobile Suite 2.x we may charge an upgrade fee, nothing has been decided yet but it is possible.

Comment

• oxrageous
          • Jun 2014
          • 5.1.x

Joe, can you give me any reason what the real advantage is to having your own app through Mobile Suite as opposed to using Tapatalk? It's something I've considered, but I just don't know if I can justify all the expenses when Tapatalk is a pretty good app. I'm guessing some ad revenue may be one reason, do you have any others?

Comment

• gajinoz
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by oxrageous
            Joe, can you give me any reason what the real advantage is to having your own app through Mobile Suite as opposed to using Tapatalk? It's something I've considered, but I just don't know if I can justify all the expenses when Tapatalk is a pretty good app. I'm guessing some ad revenue may be one reason, do you have any others?
            I'll let him answer those questions but as for Tapatalk, have you seen the latest update to the app? Absolutely appalling, have a look at all the one start ratings in the play store and apple app store for a good idea about this. It has rendered the thing virtually unusable. Most people like me have reverted to an older version. One of the reasons I'm considering getting the mobile suite is so I can give my users a working stable app.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

The Mobile Suite is specific app just for your forum, it has your forum's name and an icon you choose, colors you pick, and a logo image. Users can only use it to access your site. You can charge for it if you want, you can run your own ads in it.

Tapatalk offers a similar option but its much more expensive to have the Tapatalk with custom branding than the VB Mobile Suite. The free Tapatalk app is for accessing hundreds (maybe thousands?) if forums- you don't have any presence in any app stores. I believe they restrict your advertising options, in fact I think they show their own ads in your forum- but honestly that's just something I read second hand- I don't know the details.

To be honest though I have both setup on my site, figure the more choices for users the better.

Comment

• gajinoz
                • Oct 2011

Something I just thought of: Does the suite have push notifications of new messages and the like?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

No push notifications at this time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...