X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WanaGo
    • Dec 2012

Migration to vBulletin from a Hosted Forum

Hello,

Our company is looking to migrate our existing forum content/users etc from our current provider, www.websitetoolbox.com and move to vBulletin.
    I am not the techinical expert on the forum by any means, but I am doing the initial leg work and was wondering if its even possible to move from websitetoolbox to vBulletin...

I have been doing various google searches, but have not revealed very much. Not fully understanding the technical process required, I am somewhat limited in what I can do anyway.

www.websitetoolbox.com has the ability to export our data in csv format, or in SQL format if we pay for it.
    We just exported the content in csv format to see what the data looks like, and it looks like it is complete - in terms of all user information, including their passwords etc is provided.

We have about 3300 Topics, 17500 Posts and 2600 Members.

Can someone please assist. We are willing to pay if some custom script writing is required, however just need to know if its even possible to begin with.

Kind Regards
    James
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I don't see websitetoolbox as natively supported format of our Impex tool. I'm not sure if they use a more popular forum like phpbb as their forum, their website didn't seem to mention it.

However with custom coding anything is possible, a decent coder should be able to import data from a CSV or SQL file if you hire them.

We do not offer custom import services ourselves but after purchasing a license you can post a "Paid Request" on vBulletin.org.

If you want to find someone before buying the license I suggest you check out other sites that specialize selling/hiring coding services.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...