Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hankster
    • Feb 2002

Moving vB from sub-directory

I have one last question before I go and purchase vB. Hopefully I can explain what I want to do.

I would like to setup vB in a subdirectory of my site, test the UBB importer and work on setting up the templates since almost every area will need a custom template.

Once I have the templates setup and I know everything is working properly is there an easy way to reinstall or move my installation to the main directory? I know I will have to import the messages again (since UBB will still be open during the testing and I'll have new messages) but I'm looking for an easy way move the templates.
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

You could use something like phpMyAdmin to backup the templates table and insert it into your main database.

Comment

• hankster
      • Feb 2002

OK, that could work. I have one other question.

I could install vB into the same directory that UBB is presently located because UBB doesn't use an "index" file for access (you access UBB using http://mydomain.com/Ultimate.cgi) so vB should not interfer with the running of an active UBB in the same directory.

This way I could set the templates up and not have to move it later. But, if I do that, can I import the messages from UBB once this is all setup or do messages have to be imported when vB is installed?

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

You can import the messages from UBB so long as the UBB files are on the same server - there is no other restriction as to where the files are placed.

Comment

• hankster
          • Feb 2002

OK, I'm convinced. But now I see something else. When I went to purchase vB, the page that we enter our CC info on does not show up as being secure. Is this a temp. problem or is CC info normally submitted on unsecure pages?

[edited] Nevermind, I see I didn't go far enough to get to the secure page... sorry!
          Last edited by hankster; Tue 5 Mar '02, 6:47am.

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

The first two pages ( http://www.vbulletin.com/order.php and http://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/order...letin+additems ) are not secure. The next page (where you actually enter your CC #) is secure ( https://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/db/p...mber+vbulletin ).

Comment

• hankster
              • Feb 2002

Hehe... I noticed that and was editing my message when you posted your reply.

Comment

• hankster
                • Feb 2002

Thanks for your help. I'm made my purchase.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Congratulations! Don't forget to register for Priority Forums Support so you can post in the vB 2 help forums (see my sig).
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tubedogg
                    • Feb 2001

Great

Now, go to this page --> http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php and enter your username so you can access the Cool People™ forums.

Comment

• hankster
                      • Feb 2002

Hehe... now I"m "COOL"!

Comment

• tubedogg
                        • Feb 2001

Great!

CoolPeople™ is a trademark of Jelsoft™, as is Your Car™, Your House™, and Your Wife™

hmm...sound like anyone we know?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...