Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slider
    • Mar 2002

couple questions

I've been looking at different BB packages and I really like vB but need a couple concerns/questions addressed before I go to my boss with the purchase request.

We are a software company and I'd like to set up an area on the website where potential customers can come to the boards to post questions and the sales staff can post new releases, etc. I'd also like to have an area of the boards for registered customers that's only accessible once they pass through the login area we currently have set up. BUT I would like the current customers to see the open/sales forums so they can post replies to potential customers. BUT2 I would NOT like potential customers to see the registered users forums at all. I'd like this to be seamless and transparent to the end users. IE the prospective-type people will only see like three forums, and the registered-type people will see those sales forums at the top of the list and also see all the other forums they have protected access to.

Is the above possible? Or is it the equivalent of having two copies (licenses) of vB? If this is not possible with one license/copy, is it possible with two licenses/copies?

I looked but couldn't find info on how the calendar works. I apologize if I didn't look hard enough. Is the calendar simply a forum with a special display template? Do the calendar threads work like normal threads allowing replies, etc.? If not, can each calendar post be linked to a post in another forum?

Custom smilies can be added right? What about custom message icons?

I guess that's about it. TIA.
  • SWFans.net
    • Sep 2001

This is entirely possible on a vB forum via use of private forums, user groups, and access masks.
    SWFans.Net Forums
    Not Your Average Star Wars Forums.

Just a few of the other styles to choose from:
    Jedi | Streamlined | T-Phantom

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...