X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moonclamp
    • May 2004
    • 3.7.x

Alternatives to forumrunner?

I'm already using the forumrunner app with vb4, and to be honest I don't like it; it doesn't support my custom bbcodes and some moderation tools are missing - and I don't like it that users have to pay for it or sign up for push notifications.

I never installed the mobile suite from vb4, mostly due to lack of time, but now I'm ready to do so. However, I don't want to be spending $199 if the app is about to be made obsolete.

Also, $599 is a bit of a crazy price to be paying for a personalised app that doesn't do everything I want it to

So, will there be the option of an independently compiled mobile app in vb connect - or will the vb4 app still work?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The development on the Mobile Suite is ongoing and it isn't obsolete. It is a different option for vBulletin customers.

If you have a lot of custom BBCode, there is no guarantee they will work in the Mobile Suite either.

A translation layer has been added to vBulletin 5 so the Mobile Suite (1.3+) can talk to the vBulletin 5 Connect API. Future versions will be written to connect with the API directly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• moonclamp
      • May 2004
      • 3.7.x

Good to know, thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...