Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Nelson
    • Aug 2001

Cloud presales questions

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Please move as appropriate.

I'm considering migrating my forum to vB cloud. My primary concern is that plugins would not be available, and I rely on several that I don't know if their functionality is already handled by vB cloud.

Without my antispam plugins I get literally hundreds of bogus registrations per day. What builtin functionality does vB cloud have to prevent this?

Does vB cloud have the capability to generate a google sitemap?

I'm currently using a 3rd-party article publisher. I know there is no official import capability for this, but can I pay to have this done, and what would the fee be based on?

If I give up my dedicated server would I also lose the capability of having my domain email addresses?

Is there a demo available of the cloud admin interface?

I'm currently using vbSEO (yes, I know it's orphaned). How do the vB cloud SEO features compare?

Thanks in advance.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

vBulletin 5 has the same anti spam as vBulletin 3/4 more or less. Human verification, and aksimet antispam content scanning.

It does, though there is currently an issue with sitemaps in the vBulletin 5 product.

No, not at this time.

We don't provide email services.

Yes, the vBulletin 5 demo on the homepage is the same, more or less, as the actual cloud software.

We have url rewrites, like you see here on vBulletin.com, there isn't an extensive/easy way to customize the urls.

Comment

• Doug Nelson
      • Aug 2001

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm running v3, so I don't know about versions past that. Is the antispam improved? The native v3 protections are not nearly enough for my particular case.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Concerning the importing of custom articles, in theory if you first upgraded your VB3 site to VB4 suite, and found someone on your own you could pay to make your articles into articles in the VB4 article system, then those could be imported into VBCloud if we import your VB4 database.

The built in spam options haven't changed since VB 3.8. However if you are really getting hundreds of bogus registrations a day or even week you probably should be using more unique/harder Random Question and Answer questions rather than ReCaptcha or Image Captcha.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...