• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • William Thomas Jr
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

Migrate from Kunena (Joomla) to Vb.

Hello,

I am in the information gathering stage. I have been considering purchasing VB., but already have a forum that seems to struggle in the search engines. I would like to know if you have any suggestions, or referrals to companies or programmers that would be able to salvage under 3000 topics from Kunena and migrate them to VB. As is now, I am seriously considering purchasing VB, but would really hate to lose four years of data entry.

Thanks,
    William
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello - Unfortunately we do not have an importer for your current software. The list of software we can import from is here- https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...rsion=40202602

If you can find a way to to convert from your software to any of the tier 1 systems listed, you can then use that software as a middle-ground and import into VB 4.x from there.

There may be 3rd party sites that can do your import directly but we have no affiliation nor provide any recommendations on using such sites- that would be at your own risk.

I

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by William Thomas Jr
      Hello,

I am in the information gathering stage. I have been considering purchasing VB., but already have a forum that seems to struggle in the search engines. I would like to know if you have any suggestions, or referrals to companies or programmers that would be able to salvage under 3000 topics from Kunena and migrate them to VB. As is now, I am seriously considering purchasing VB, but would really hate to lose four years of data entry.

Thanks,
      William
      Hello William,

I'd just like to add that I imported my community from phpBB3 to vbulletin successfully with no issue. What Joe is saying is if you can find a middle-ground for your import (one of the softwares listed), that you will be able to then use it to migrate to vbulletin 4.

It's also possible to have vbulletin 5. Once you have finished your migration, the only thing you will have to do is run the upgrade script for vbulletin 5.

Currently there is no way to migrate directly to vbulletin 5 but I wanted to ensure that even with this, you will still be able to do so if you have found your method of transfer.

Good luck!
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...