Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goha
    • Mar 2004

Download 3.8.9

Hello, I need to download v3.8.9 to deal with newer PHP versions.
    But I only see download for 3.8.6 Patch Level 1

Why? How do I get latest version?
    GoHa.Ru
  • ozzy47
    • Oct 2009

When in the members area tick the, More Download Options (Access alternative versions of vBulletin, or additional languages if available)

Then in the dropdown, choose the version you want.
    My Mods also available at OzzModz.com

New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders!
    Stop Spam Now The era of Big Spam is over.

Vote to bring back hooks in vB5, http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10333

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Its likely their vBulletin 3 license expired long before 3.8.9 came out. Which means they would need to purchase a vBulletin 5 license.

Comment

• ozzy47
        • Oct 2009

Yes, that is a possibility.

Comment

• goha
          • Mar 2004

Thanks. But I dont need v5. We only need to deal with PVP version issue and therefor we just need some changs from 3.8.9.

1 If I buy v5, will I be able to downalod 3.8.9?
          2 Is there way not to waste money on the software that I dont want and only buy piece that I actually need?
          GoHa.Ru

Comment

• ozzy47
            • Oct 2009

Yes if you buy vB5 you will have access to all versions.

No, you need to purchase vB5, there is no option to just purchase a specified version.

Comment

• goha
              • Mar 2004

Ok, thanks, Will buy, once I've forced to it.
              P.S. Sounds like "unfair busines" when ppl using side conditions to force customers to buy useless stuff..
              GoHa.Ru

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

It's not unfair, it's the terms of the license you bought. It gives you lifetime access to versions of the software that were current at that time.
                After that, you need to renew your license to a new style one, which is the vB5 license.
                Ultimately, vBulletin is a commercial business. New versions cost money to develop, and this needs to be paid for. The various license models have always reflected that.

MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

You dont need to buy a new licence, you just need to upgrade the existing vb3 licence to a vb5 licence - you can then download any vb3, vb4 or vb5 version.
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• cellarius
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                    It's not unfair, it's the terms of the license you bought. It gives you lifetime access to versions of the software that were current at that time.
                    Oh, great! Can he take your word for it? He and many others will get all versions of the software they once bought?

When he bought the software, the terms of the license were quite different, and you know that. He never agreed to that new model, nonetheless it is forced upon him.

Well - probably this post will be deleted like it seems to be customary these days; but before you or Wayne or whoever do that, correct that nonsense.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by cellarius
                      Oh, great! Can he take your word for it? He and many others will get all versions of the software they once bought?

When he bought the software, the terms of the license were quite different, and you know that. He never agreed to that new model, nonetheless it is forced upon him.

Well - probably this post will be deleted like it seems to be customary these days; but before you or Wayne or whoever do that, correct that nonsense.
                      What I said is correct.
                      An old-style "owned license" provides lifetime access to run versions of the software that were current at the time the license was current.
                      3.8.9 was released after that, so a license upgrade is required. In doing so, you agree to the "new" license model because that's what you're buying.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------
                      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• goha
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mark.B
                        After that, you need to renew your license to a new style one, which is the vB5 license.
                        Ultimately, vBulletin is a commercial business. New versions cost money to develop, and this needs to be paid for. The various license models have always reflected that.
                        I have doubt in your words. And I agree that development costs a lot and should be compensated.

I would completely agree with you, but the price "upgrade from 3.8 to 5.0" that I was forced to pay, refletcs costs for version 5.0 and not the costs for 3.8.9 wich would be much less than 5.0.

It would be nice and fair to have separate prices for 3.xx and 4.xx lines.
                        GoHa.Ru

Comment

• beishe8
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Paul M
                          You dont need to buy a new licence, you just need to upgrade the existing vb3 licence to a vb5 licence - you can then download any vb3, vb4 or vb5 version.
                          But do not expect any official support(ticket,phone) for them without paying $49 for a month or $199 for a year.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...