X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christine88
    • Nov 2012

Accepting payments on a vbulletin forum

Hi all

I guess I'll jump right in and ask my questions if that's ok. I would like to start a forum using vbulletin because I've heard it's the best software for creating forums. But I would like to know if it is possible for my forum members to buy and sell items on the forum and pay or get paid through the forum using pay pal.

Christine
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Actually, it's not possible by default. You do need a modification for this, you can have a look at www.vbulletin.org and check if there is something like a marketplace or whatever fits your wishes.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Christine88
      • Nov 2012

Couldn't I just provide a link to pay pal?

Comment

• Jntu Hub
        • May 2011
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Christine88
        Hi all

I guess I'll jump right in and ask my questions if that's ok. I would like to start a forum using vbulletin because I've heard it's the best software for creating forums. But I would like to know if it is possible for my forum members to buy and sell items on the forum and pay or get paid through the forum using pay pal.

Christine

getting mod is not so easy there... first thing no one replys you for your question in vb.org like if u ask can any one send me link for vb payments etc..

u need to search , u need to test few mods , then chosse best
        www.jntuhub.com | www.jntuhub.in |

Comment

• Ace
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Jntu Hub
          getting mod is not so easy there... first thing no one replys you for your question in vb.org like if u ask can any one send me link for vb payments etc..

u need to search , u need to test few mods , then chosse best
          The vb.org community isn't actually there to serve you up the best option on a silver platter based on an incredibly vague request - it's definitely up to you to search for what is there already.

(Or, post a request in the Paid Services area and offer money. I'm going to guess you expected everything for free, but if you offered money, I apologise.)
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Jntu Hub
            • May 2011
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Ace
            The vb.org community isn't actually there to serve you up the best option on a silver platter based on an incredibly vague request - it's definitely up to you to search for what is there already.

(Or, post a request in the Paid Services area and offer money. I'm going to guess you expected everything for free, but if you offered money, I apologise.)

I talked about general people in Vb.org (vb licenced users).. i not expecting from VB team to support in Vb.org . Definitely they wont help there i know..

and the way the mods is presented is not user friendly..

I request you to see this links...

how the mods are placed.. They have also forums s/w . they used forums for mods supoort for each mod have own support theard.

here mods also like a threads..

a newbie can not how to filter required mods ...

I'm going to guess you expected everything for free, but if you offered money, I apologise.
            if i am expecting for free every thing.. i wont buy a licence here.. i made it..

I am expecting better for paid than free

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Jntu Hub
              I talked about general people in Vb.org (vb licenced users).. i not expecting from VB team to support in Vb.org . Definitely they wont help there i know..

and the way the mods is presented is not user friendly..

I request you to see this links...

how the mods are placed.. They have also forums s/w . they used forums for mods supoort for each mod have own support theard.

here mods also like a threads..

a newbie can not how to filter required mods ...

if i am expecting for free every thing.. i wont buy a licence here.. i made it..

I am expecting better for paid than free
              Not one person at vbulletin.org gets paid to make the releases that are there.

You appear to expect FAR too much from a completely volunteer community. Would you like to create a mod for me for free? Would you like to search the internet for something I want, but can't be bothered to explain in more than very vague detail for me for free?

If the answer to those questions is "No.", then why would you expect it from the vbulletin.org community? Your purchase of the vbulletin software doesn't entitle you to anything like that.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Jntu Hub
                • May 2011
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Ace
                Not one person at vbulletin.org gets paid to make the releases that are there.

You appear to expect FAR too much from a completely volunteer community. Would you like to create a mod for me for free? Would you like to search the internet for something I want, but can't be bothered to explain in more than very vague detail for me for free?

If the answer to those questions is "No.", then why would you expect it from the vbulletin.org community? Your purchase of the vbulletin software doesn't entitle you to anything like that.

I am taking about easy of usage.. Compared to SMF, Vb is some Complex for mods .. u havn't talked about that..

And i am not expecting support for mods from VB team.

You have asked , would u search for me.. If i have enough knowledge on the thing you asked. definitely i will reply.. Community is to share the things.. not to Ask only questions also for post answers

i appreciate the developers, i never commented on the mods and the support is always good for there own mods.

anyways @ace.. i dont want to make it as a serious discussion . just what i felt expressed here
                Last edited by Jntu Hub; Sat 10 Nov '12, 11:55pm.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Christine88
                  Couldn't I just provide a link to pay pal?
                  You could always have users post links to their own paypal accounts- what we meant was there is no system built into vBulletin that allows customers to pay or invoice each other directly. There is a payments system built in but only for users to purchase paid subscriptions from the forum admin, not each other.

Comment

• Christine88
                    • Nov 2012

My God! I don't think I did anything to deserve such a rude response as that. And no I don't expect everything for free but I will tell you this. I paid $250 for my LEGAL LICENSED copy of vbulletin 5 and think I'm entitled to some support without being insulted and abused by some abnoxious forum member. Please do not respond to any more of my posts or I will report you for harrasment.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...