• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • albanygirl
    • Oct 2012
    • 4.2.X

I purchased vBulletin 1 week ago and still no download

Hello,
    I purchased vBulletin on Oct 20th and still I do not have the download. I purchased with my credit card, so I patiently waited the 48 hours. Then I sent an email and then a full day later was told that I needed to verify my credit card. Because I'm overseas with a small baby, I can't call during your office hours, so I asked to verify my card via email. Now, it's been 3 days since I did that and I still don't have the download.

I've exchanged emails with Lynne and Lelani in support and just received an automated email on Friday that my "Order is Complete," but where is my download link??? Now, I have to wait for the weekend to get on contact again and we'll be up to 10 days. Is this the way that vBulletin operates? It's very, very disappointing.

The ONLY reason that I purchased vBulletin was for the automated subscription service. I still have a question in to Lynne at support verifying that the subscription service is truly part of the 4.2 version. I'm still waiting on an answer. This is one of the heftier software purchases that I've made and I've never had such slow customer service. When I ask support a question at aWeber or InstantTeleseminar, I get a helpful answer in hours.

I should have probably posted here in the forums at the getgo. I really hope that this is resolved by Monday, so I can get started using vBulletin. I'm praying that the 4.2 version is as good as it looks and I won't be dependent on support for getting it going.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Login to the members area @ http://members.vbulletin.com

You've had a license since Oct 26th '12 06:06pm

Comment

• albanygirl
      • Oct 2012
      • 4.2.X

You know, it would have been nice if sales or customer service had answered my numerous emails about this OR if I had received some instructions that my download was in my account online. I can't believe that no one responded to my emails!

On a more appreciative note, thank you Zachery for letting me know that I've been spinning my wheels since October 26th for no reason. I will always come to the forums for my answers in the future. Emailing support for this was useless!

So, I have 2 other questions that went unanswered by support. Will I be able to have members pay a subscription fee with the 4.2 secure version? This is the reason that I signed up with vBulletin in the first place, so that I could have members subscribe to be part of my forum. Also, I understand that I have 1 month of ticket support with this purchase. How do I use this and what does this mean? I have an IT person installing my forum and I want to let him know.

Thank you

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

The last email on your account, is from the 23rd, we don't have any other emails on file from you/ If you don't get an auto response letting you know a ticket was created, a ticket hasn't been.

Comment

• albanygirl
          • Oct 2012
          • 4.2.X

Ok, Zachary. I just responded to all of the emails that I've been saving and I'll see if I get any responses. Not sure what's happening to my emails if they don't bounce back to me.

More importantly, how do I access Version 4.2? I see version 5.0 Beta in the members area, but it's not clear at all how to access Version 4.2. Please helps as soon as you can, as my IT guy is waiting. He couldn't find it either.

Thanks!

Comment

• captainslater
            • Jun 2006

If answered within the other thread.
            To infinity and beyond!
            Deutschsprachige vBulletin News & Tipps
            captainslater
            - Eine vBulletin Cloud-Site

Comment

• Jntu Hub
              • May 2011
              • 4.2.X

have u entered the domain name?
              www.jntuhub.com | www.jntuhub.in |

Comment

• albanygirl
                • Oct 2012
                • 4.2.X

Thanks Jntu Hub for your response. Yes, I heard in another thread that this is what I should do to access 4.2. It would nice if there were some instructions on that page telling us how to access 4.2 since it is the recommended version to use in live sites. Oh well.....Hopefully, things get better for me.

Comment

• Jntu Hub
                  • May 2011
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by albanygirl
                  Thanks Jntu Hub for your response. Yes, I heard in another thread that this is what I should do to access 4.2. It would nice if there were some instructions on that page telling us how to access 4.2 since it is the recommended version to use in live sites. Oh well.....Hopefully, things get better for me.
                  Vb Support will be like , simple things to complex things.. we will get 4-5 sentence replys from Vb, but we cant figure out whats the exact problem we have done.

As u are a licensed new user.. The things u will face ..

Finding Manuals - > all will be available on vb database but we cant find those until we google it

Understanding manuals -> user must be atleast some forum user / cp user to understand what they wrote.. For Dummies its always a dummy manual

Getting Reply to Forum Support : If you are from Some Another countries , you will get reply's to threads to at mid night. because of its the day time for forum main supporters
                  www.jntuhub.com | www.jntuhub.in |

Comment

• albanygirl
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 4.2.X

Yikes, I'm nervous about my foray into the forum world. Thanks for the heads up. At least it's good to know that it's not just me that thinks that something is wrong here. I guess I'll see how the initial setup and running of my forum goes. I have an IT guy installing it for me and helping me set it up and then I'll be running it on my own. I was originally going to go with PHPBB, but there wasn't a way for people to auto subscribe to the forum. I bought Vb for the subscription option. That's all. Do you think that PHPBB is much easier to run? I'm beginning to think that manually adding new users wouldn't be so bad, if the forum was easy to manage. Do you have any experience with PHPBB?

Comment

• Ace
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.2.X

In your members area, under the Download vBulletin 5 link, are you saying there is no Download vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite link? (It will be above a Download vBulletin 3.x link).
                      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• albanygirl
                        • Oct 2012
                        • 4.2.X

I got it now that I entered my domain. Thanks. It just wasn't clear that the 4.2 link would pop up when I put my domain name in. Thanks for asking!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...