Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lelandmcfarland
    • Feb 2012

SEO for vBulletin 5

How is the SEO for vBulletin 5? I have the forum installed on a subfolder on my main domain so the forum can directly effect the SEO for my entire site. In the past I ran into an problem with the activity stream, in the members section, creating massive amounts of duplicate content pages and blank pages and with Google Panda it really hurt my SEO for my site, which I am still trying to recover from. So I guess what I am looking for is, has anyone noticed any dips in traffic, increase in number of pages indexed, or any other signs that this version could hurt my site's SEO, since using vBulletin 5?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin 5 isn't certified for a live site yet so it shouldn't affect SEO on live sites at this time.

As for Google indexing member profiles and duplicate content there, we recommend not showing member profiles to guests and this would eliminate that issue.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• lelandmcfarland
      • Feb 2012

Sorry, I thought that vBulletin 5 was available for live sites since there is the ability to buy it now on the home page. When will the live version be available?

As for making the members section only available to members, I don't really like doing things that way. I don't want to make users sign up, in order to view certain sections of the site. I did make it so Google will not index that section but I would have liked to have know that would happen before Google indexed 800,000 pages.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

vBulletin 5 is available for sale as a beta product. General SEO is important to us, if you know of specific glaring issues, we can work on resolving them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...