• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parambyte
    • Sep 2012

Classifieds, Ads etc on V Bulletin? pre Purchase Questions

Hello!

I want to set-up a VBulletin forum, but before that I want to ask:

1) Is there a built in advertising system? Can you guide me towards it?
    2) Is there a comprehensive paid classifieds system? Can you guide me towards it?
    3) Should I buy V5? I want facebook connect to be available, but I also want the latest system which is responsive.
    4) As of now I am thinking of installing it on a shared server. But if my traffic grows, how difficult will it be to port everything to a dedicated server?
    5) Anything else I need to know?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Talking about VB 4.x here since it is the latest stable version-

1) Yes several options from basic Google Adsense integration that is a simple High/Low/Off option OR a more powerful built in Ad Manager that lets you specify specific ad code on specific pages, or to specific usergroups, and a bunch of other options. Unfortunately there is no demo right now so I don't know how I can show it to you.

Here is a link to the manual, you can change to the 4.2.0 version and see the features: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

2) www.vbulletin.org has hundreds of free plugins for vBulletin, I do not know of a paid classifieds system but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

3) The only option you have is to buy a VB 5 Connect license, however you can choose to use VB 4.x or any prior version. As VB 5 is still beta I would suggest you start with VB 4.x for now and you will be able to upgrade for free to VB5 anytime in the future with your VB 5 Connect license.

4) That will depend on your host- many will do this for you if you stay with them, but in general it should not be difficult- copy your files and your database, perhaps make a few setting changes for the new system, people do it all the time.

5) Hard to answer when we don't know what you already know.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...