Upgrade cost... seriously? I just purchased vB 4.x in May!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobVT
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

Upgrade cost... seriously? I just purchased vB 4.x in May!

I held off on upgrading from 3.x to 4.x because i felt like i got screwed by timing when 4.x came out and the step upgrade fees. Finally i convinced my community it was time to upgrade to 4.x and raised funds in May for an upgrade. Now vB 5 is coming and once again i get screwed on the upgrade timing. I just bought vB in May and you want me to upgrade again!? vBulletin needs to rethink their upgrade pricing strategy as they are driving customers away.
  • Hatsu
    • Apr 2006

Tough luck. But you've just upgraded to vB4. So wait 2 years and vB5 is probably in a state you would want install on a live server including all missing features you now have with vB4.

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

Maybe you will find some solace in the fact, that vB 5 won't be ready for a live site for quite some time. Also buying vB 4 isn't a bad investment either, so yeah, misfortune in a way, but you can just wait some time and decide later, if you actually need vB 5.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

At the moment...you're no worse off. vB5's still in beta and some way off being finished and production ready.
        Also vB4 has not been abandoned, at the moment the development focus is on getting vB5 finished however the plan is to do more work on vB4 yet. 4.2.1 is a maintenance release that is practically finished, just waiting on the mobile team. And then a 4.3 is planned with some new features.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment