Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lovefords
    • Nov 2008

vB4 vs vB5 comparison list?

Is there an easy-to-digest, vB4 vs vB5 comparison list? Something not hyped or slick, just factual and to-the-point, with an easy-to-understand list of the improvements and enhancements that vB5 has?

John
    You can pay more...but you can't buy better than the Ford.
  • Fortforum
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

Little early for that, don´t you think?

Comment

• lorenii
      • Jul 2008
      • 4.2.X

I don't think it is too early. I need more information about the 'improvements' before I decide which direction I am going to go.

Comment

• EvoTech
        • Apr 2010
        • 3.6.x

go to demo site, and you'll find some general differences

Comment

• lorenii
          • Jul 2008
          • 4.2.X

Yeah I did. Slow. Plain. Lacking VB4 basic features.

I'll wait.

Comment

• TLMD
            • Sep 2012
            • 5.6.X

vB 5 doesn't have all of the basic features yet, that it should have when being released as a non-beta product, I suppose. And weather or not there will be new features, that aren't on the demo right now, nobody can tell you. I am pretty sure there will be somewhat of a "new features list" when vB 5 is being released, but any time earlier it would be nothing but speculation about what might (or might not) come...

Comment

• lovefords
              • Nov 2008

All I asked for was an easy-to-read comparison list. vB is selling this product after all, so let's know the facts...that is too much to ask? I apologize if some people think that is "too early"...whatever the heck that means, too early for whom, you? I am not seeing the benefit of upgrading from the demo site which I already joined a few days ago. On a separate note, I wonder why the vB people do not answer requests for help on the corporate site, using their contact form. I have requested help on the same issue, three times in 9 days and still no answer back. Yeah sure I will get in line to buy 5....

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by lovefords
                On a separate note, I wonder why the vB people do not answer requests for help on the corporate site, using their contact form. I have requested help on the same issue, three times in 9 days and still no answer back. Yeah sure I will get in line to buy 5....
                The last thread I see that you started was back in 2009 here - Successful Installation 1st time . Where are these other three threads that you were asking for help in?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Ramsesx
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

It's a legit question but sadly there isn't a comparison list. Wouldn't make no sense for IB because it would show that many features from vB4 are not in vB5.
                  And b.t.w. vB5beta is far from a state where it's usable for a live site.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lynne
                  The last thread I see that you started was back in 2009 here - Successful Installation 1st time . Where are these other three threads that you were asking for help in?
                  He was talking from the contact form Lynne.

Comment

• lovefords
                    • Nov 2008

You did not read and interpret correctly what I wrote. I said, I asked for help on the corporate site 3 times using the contact form. Not this Forum. Thanks just the same though.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a perfect example of my point. They do not read and interpret, it is the customer who is the problem. This reminds me of when I worked for Northwest Airlines, a company which does not exist anymore. That was the corporate strategy.

Comment

• TLMD
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 5.6.X

Hmm... didn't you just ask, if such a list exists? No, it doesn't. The info about possible reasons (too early) was just a bonus.

Comment

• In Omnibus
                        • Apr 2010

Digest this: vB4 is a finished product. vB5 is a beta. Simple enough comparison? Easy enough to read?

It's rather challenging to compare a finished product to an unfinished one. Excepting that one is finished whereas the other is not.

The fact that you've managed to derail your own thread with another issue says you're looking for attention, not answers.

Comment

• lovefords
                          • Nov 2008

Oh oh thank you for your help.

Comment

• jimjam
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Fortforum
                            Little early for that, don´t you think?
                            No not at all, maybe if it was a free Beta to play with, but they are selling it already :doh:

Comment

• Solitaire
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 4.0.x

you probably want to start with what is missing from vb5 right now to decide whether you want to upgrade or not. Wayne's list is probably the best place to get the non-hyped information.

My personal tracking list. Feature Name Comments Major Functionality Calendar & Events Future Release... Minor Functionality
                              Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment