Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovryu85
    • Sep 2012

Question about Vbulletin Features

Hi everyone. New user here with a few questions. I've been searching online for the Ideal forum software to use to build a community. But after wondering around some forums I've come to realize some issues some forums have with their security and taking care of their community, from scammers, shills and spammers.

I wanted to check here to see if some features are available with vbulletin. I went to phpbb and it was no help at all. They don't have what I'm looking for.

But what I am looking for is something that can assist me with detecting users with proxies.

Is their a MOD that shows publicly on every users post if they are under a PROXY or not? Similar to what TOPIX has, where if you use a proxy and you post it shows anonymous proxy.

Or if their is a MOD where I can add on the registration a check field where I can ask the people registering if they are going to be using a proxy or not. If they select yes it shows where ever they post that they are under a proxy, if they post no it just shows the country they are posting from.

The field that says if they are posting from a proxy or the country they are posting from will be shown to the public not just the mods so that they know where the user is posting from etc.

The proxy field where it asks if they are using one or not I need it to be something that can't be changed in the future only by a admin. that way if a user posts NO Proxy and the Moderators or admin finds out they are posting from a proxy that user can be watched for already trying to lie to the other users, etc.

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I don't know of such a modification. You would have to check at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

There are some mods for proxy detection on vBulletin.org.

vBulletin does have an extensive custom profile field manager where you can ask any custom questions you want during registration, including requiring an answer and making the answer un-editable in the future.

What you are asking can all be done but via modifications, none of it (besides the custom question) is built into the software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...