• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonhind
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by EvoTech
    I tried all possible....
    nothing works good... all methods said "AVS Mismatch".
    While i keep get in touch with my bank, my bank said many declined from VB, more than 30 declined. And they are give up that they confirmed to me that my account is OK. The fact is nothing's wrong with my bank account. I still can use it shopping both online and offline.
    this is why i think you should use papal, it works the same way accept that once you registered your bank card with them, you will no longer have AVS issues

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

I tried all possible....
      nothing works good... all methods said "AVS Mismatch".
      While i keep get in touch with my bank, my bank said many declined from VB, more than 30 declined. And they are give up that they confirmed to me that my account is OK. The fact is nothing's wrong with my bank account. I still can use it shopping both online and offline.
      As I said earlier, the only people that can help with this are the sales people at the numbers above. They have access to the actual transactions and can process transactions manually or override the system if needed.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• EvoTech
        • Apr 2010
        • 3.6.x

so if i'm from indonesia, which number should i call?
        Toll free number? or direct number?

buying VB license never as hard as this before....

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Direct Number.

Unfortunately, the more people try to use stolen credit cards the more difficult it has been. Believe it or not, we're not a huge company. At least as far as vBulletin is concerned so we can can't eat chargebacks and other fines for fraudulent card use. Well we could but we'd have to pass it on to legitimate customers in even higher licensing fees.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• EvoTech
            • Apr 2010
            • 3.6.x

Ok... i will call your (vB) phone number soon....

Comment

• Stallyon
              • Mar 2005
              • 4.2.X

I've contacted the sales department and all they said was to try again. Still does not work.
              A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
              vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• EvoTech
                • Apr 2010
                • 3.6.x

so.... how?

Comment

• Stallyon
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 4.2.X

Dunno. As I said, I'm just not upgrading. I am sure that's no skin of vBulletin's nose, as I am only one insignificant person.
                  A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
                  vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• EvoTech
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Direct Number.

Unfortunately, the more people try to use stolen credit cards the more difficult it has been. Believe it or not, we're not a huge company. At least as far as vBulletin is concerned so we can can't eat chargebacks and other fines for fraudulent card use. Well we could but we'd have to pass it on to legitimate customers in even higher licensing fees.
                    I'm sorry Wayne, I think we (customer) of vbulletin don't care whether you are tiny, small, medium, big, or huge company. We just need an easy way to buy the license.

Simple, we like it so we buy it, we spend money to you and you get revenue. Win-win solution.

but if the process is too hard like this, how you'll get money from us (customer). You're right, maybe some of your customer buy it from stolen card. But I think you shall have a procedure to prevent carder/scammer/stolen card.

Ok, i can call your sales dept, but how we assure that everything is well done after we call your sales dept.? Because IDD also not cheap and we have different time zone (i'm GMT +7).

by debit/credit card or by paypal, those are the easiest way, i think.

I'm tired of listening my bank's customer service said "your account is ok, and please talk to merchant"

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

Do you have a PayPal account? Can you use that option?
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

but if the process is too hard like this, how you'll get money from us (customer). You're right, maybe some of your customer buy it from stolen card. But I think you shall have a procedure to prevent carder/scammer/stolen card.
                        You're running afoul of it for some reason. AVS stands for Address Verification Systems. If you fail then the address you're typing in does not match the address provided by card issuer in some way. It is as simple as that.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• simonhind
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 3.6.x

You're running afoul of it for some reason. AVS stands for Address Verification Systems. If you fail then the address you're typing in does not match the address provided by card issuer in some way. It is as simple as that.
                          i would simply suggest that if customers are getting AVS issues then the best option is to use Paypal ( signup ), once you order via paypal there is no need to enter address
                          all that would happen is after is they need to ensure that they enter their contact details after order

i've used paypal for over 10 years now and never has an issue is AVS, no matter the country i order from, as long as the paypal account is verified there will be no issue

Comment

• Khalat
                            • Aug 2007

I have same problem, and after googling it i found that its an AUthorize.net's spesific problem , which is AVS, Short for Address Verification Service, is a service used in the United States to verify a cardholder's billing address.
                            (
                            AVS is unreliable for credit card holders outside of the United States. Please contact Authorize.net and confirm how to best configure your account to handle AVS filtering for non-US transactions.)
                            and vbulletin can fix this problem by contacting Gateway's service provider to cancel this service, because it causing problem for people who are outside of united state and canada ..

ragards

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

Unfortunately, we cannot simply disable AVS. It is a vital fraud prevention tool. If you're having this problem, you will need to either purchase through Paypal or contact our office via the resources provided on the contact us page here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contacts/

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Khalat
                                • Aug 2007

Unfortunately, we cannot simply disable AVS. It is a vital fraud prevention tool. If you're having this problem, you will need to either purchase through Paypal or contact our office via the resources provided on the contact us page here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contacts/
                                But paypal is not working in my area (Iraq), can I use moneybookers for wiretransfere the money because it working perfecty with it ?

Comment