X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewfossey
    • Jul 2004
    • 4.2.X

AVS Mismatch Error

When I try to purchase a VB 5 upgrade liscence I recieve an AVS Address mismatch Error. This appears to be the only site I encounter that error while using my Credit card and it hasn't happened in the past. Does anyone else get that error ?
  • EvoTech
    • Apr 2010
    • 3.6.x

me too... hahaha...

i wrote it at

Comment

• Stallyon
      • Mar 2005
      • 4.2.X

So did I and you have to wait for the authorisations to go back on your card. I've been waiting since the 14th and it still hasn't fallen back on my card.
      A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
      vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You will need to contact sales directly then. +1-877-326-6444 (toll free) / +1-310-280-4221 (direct)

As for authorizations to fall off, we have no control over that and it is the issuing bank that decides the term. Usually authorizations fall off between 7-14 days. We have no method provided to us to cancel an authorization.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Stallyon
          • Mar 2005
          • 4.2.X

The only reason my bank wouldn't put it back on sooner is because your sales department said you don't have an official company letterhead. My bank would have been happy with a fax from vBS but sales wouldn't do it. I was also given no way around this error by the sales department if I try again, so I am unable to purchase an upgrade.
          vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Sorry to hear that. Usually an AVS mismatch error is due to the address not matching your bank's statement exactly. Some banks even send back a failure notification if you put St. and they have ST in their records.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Stallyon
              • Mar 2005
              • 4.2.X

It's not actually the bank that fails it, it'd be that the merchant is wound up to tight (so to speak) otherwise if it was the bank, you wouldn't even get an authorisation taken from the account, it would just decline it.

Comment

• EvoTech
                • Apr 2010
                • 3.6.x

i've talked to my bank... there are many declined from VB.
                my bank told me to talk to merchant, because my card is active, no problem.
                I use it to spend for shopping at "zynga", also no problem found.

I also talked to my bank about filling your form. He (customer service) even spell one-by-one every letter in my account (address, first name, mid name, and last name). But, still the same problem occur, that's why my bank suggest me to talk to merchant (VB).

Comment

• simonhind
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 3.6.x

i really suggest you signup with paypal, you have no issues with any purchase using them

Comment

• Stallyon
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 4.2.X

PayPal gives horrible conversion rates, and I'd prefer to use my credit card or not at all.

Comment

• EvoTech
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by simonhind
                      i really suggest you signup with paypal, you have no issues with any purchase using them
                      I also tried to use my paypal, but still the same problem occur. Transaction declined.

I think the problem comes from internal of VBulletin.

Comment

• simonhind
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by EvoTech
                        I also tried to use my paypal, but still the same problem occur. Transaction declined.

I think the problem comes from internal of VBulletin.
                        maybe your bank is declining it, have you spoke to them, i remember once i made a few purchases a day or 2 before i purchased vbulletin and paypal declined it, then i contacted my bank and found they declined any transaction from merchant providers until i contacted them to explain why i am using them

Comment

• EvoTech
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 3.6.x

I've answer your question before you ask it...

i've talked to my bank... there are many declined from VB.
                          my bank told me to talk to merchant, because my card is active, no problem.
                          I use it to spend for shopping at "zynga", also no problem found.

I also talked to my bank about filling your form. He (customer service) even spell one-by-one every letter in my account (address, first name, mid name, and last name). But, still the same problem occur, that's why my bank suggest me to talk to merchant (VB).

Comment

• simonhind
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 3.6.x

I've answer your question before you ask it...
                            ok, so have you checked your bank statement address matches the address you entered with your merchant
                            many sites deal with auto fill address via postcode, i suggest you try a manaual input of your address ad ensure it matches the address shown on your bank statements

Comment

• EvoTech
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 3.6.x

I tried all possible....
                              nothing works good... all methods said "AVS Mismatch".
                              While i keep get in touch with my bank, my bank said many declined from VB, more than 30 declined. And they are give up that they confirmed to me that my account is OK. The fact is nothing's wrong with my bank account. I still can use it shopping both online and offline.

Comment