What does one have to do to get a sales issue resolved?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jamesdoylephoto
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

What does one have to do to get a sales issue resolved?

Hello,

I recently tried to purchase the upgrade to vBulletin Connect 5 using the order form provided.

As the “system” seemed to have a glitch in not matching my billing address with the payment address the order was declined, so I used PayPal gateway only to have it falter halfway through the process.

As a result the funds were withdrawn from my account and deposited in vBulletins merchant account. The problem though is that as a result of the “incomplete” transaction processing vBulletin sales department has no record of the sale or successful transfer of funds to their account.

After confirming with my bank that the funds had been released and awaiting processing, I contacted vBulletin sales on several occasions even by an international telephone call to sort out the issue only to be told that there is no record of me making the purchase. My Bank has confirmed several times that the money is there in VB’s account and that Vb will need to manually check their banks transaction history or if they are adamant that the transfer did not happen then they need to fax a Release of purchase authorization to my bank, which they seem to be reluctant to do.

So now I am USD184.00 out of pocket and no software and have to file a Dispute with my bank (which will take up to 90 days to complete) before I can try and purchase the software again, by which time I miss the $25 extra discount.

All this could have been avoided if vB would follow through on my request to check their banking transaction for my deposit or to fax the required document to my bank and not treat me as a scammer wanting to “pull the wool over their eyes”.

Why is it so hard to get good customer service when needed and to get a business to follow through with issues encountered by its customers in a timely and professional manner, rather than sending “canned responses”.

This whole episode has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I am wondering if I will continue being a customer for much longer.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who or what I might be able to do to resolve this issue?
  • JuniorNation
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

This is why you always use the same Email you use for PayPal... If the Email,PayPal Email don't match it's very likely there system will stop the process.

I always make sure my account information is the same on both accounts before making a purchase.

Not only is this seller protection but also buyer protection.

I say be patient and Vbulletin will get this all taken care of....

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Have you tried emailing [email protected] with the Purchase ID so that they can look at it directly with you?
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Jamesdoylephoto
        • Dec 2011
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        Have you tried emailing [email protected] with the Purchase ID so that they can look at it directly with you?
        Thanks Trevor...I have emailed, opened a support ticket and even telephoned from Australia. I have given them all the information available to me and the information I received from my bank to send to vB but it's been all to no avail it would appear as I just keep getting the run around both from your sales department, saying we can't do anything speak to your bank or the bank says speak to the merchant.....I'm at the bottom of the feeding chain here so why would anyone care about my problems but you could bet that if I owed one or the other money there would be demands made for me to act immediately.

I'm just at a loss as to what avenues I have left to either get my money back or have the sale go through. Why the system wasn't functioning properly for me at the time of the attempted purchase I have no idea, as I told the sales department, the money has left my account and the bank says it's sitting in vB's account waiting to be processed by vB....I'm not saying either parties are lying or being dishonorist just that I would have thought that when a customer brings to their attention an issue that they may not been aware of the least they could do is work with me and my bank to resolve the issue, not just a glance in my profile and say “I don’t see any order”….I know that there isn't any new order listed…hence why I contacted my bank and vB to find out why.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Your ticket is currently with our Support Manager - I can see from notes that they're looking further into it however I can't give any more information than that as I don't know any more than I can see. I've added my own note to the conversation for her that may help.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...