• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drdoc
    • Nov 2011
    • 4.1.x

VB 5 Upgrade and Professional installtaion for this upgrade

My VB version is 4.1.7

How much do you charge for Upgrade to VB5 (I think 209$)?

How much you charge for this Professional upgrade installation from VB4.1.7 to VB5 ( I think 149$)?

I can only simply purchase upgrade license of VB5 but I don't know how to follow download and then installation to upgrade version of VB5 from current 4.1.7. Hopefully your technical team will do everything for me from current version to VB5 without missing any content/data base and custom styles and logos etc of current 4.1.7.

Will you provide me discount on this both together? I will be happy if you install me FREE if i purchase VB5 License worth 209$? Is that possible

Next when this VB5 beta will become stable ? and when you get VB5.0.1 or VB 5.0.2 version so that almost everything will be stable by that time. This avoids me paying 149$ again ( if you charge for installation)

I request VB staff to offer VB old members like me who already own VB4 or VB3 to provide FREEE installation if we purchase upgrade version License VB5. It will be more useful for learners like me. thanks
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Upgrades are currently priced at $209 however there is the option to get a further $25 discount off the license price before the end of September by following using the coupon code CONNECT when making your purchase.

The price for the Professional Upgrade is $149 - this will see our team perform the upgrade to vB5 and ensure that it's working for you. No customisation services are included in that price.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• drdoc
      • Nov 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      Upgrades are currently priced at $209 however there is the option to get a further $25 discount off the license price before the end of September by following using the coupon code CONNECT when making your purchase.

The price for the Professional Upgrade is $149 - this will see our team perform the upgrade to vB5 and ensure that it's working for you. No customisation services are included in that price.
      You said "No customisation services are included in that price"...I dont want any further customization. I just need whatever present in my VB4.1.7 in to VB5. Is that possible in 149$ price.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Base software - yes. If you have any add-ons, these will not be upgraded within that price.

As always before any upgrade, you should check whether updated versions of your add-ons exist for the version you're upgrading to otherwise you will lose these.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

A second note, we do not generally preform upgrades to beta versions, and will recommend against it. Understand there is very limited support for the vBulletin 5 beta as it is beta software.

Comment

• drdoc
            • Nov 2011
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
            A second note, we do not generally preform upgrades to beta versions, and will recommend against it. Understand there is very limited support for the vBulletin 5 beta as it is beta software.
            I want to just purchase upgrade license of VB5 now and later i will upgrade to VB5 fully tested version with the help of you paying 149$. I think i can purchase VB5 beta now and later upgrade to VB5 versions ( not beta).Till then i will use VB4 only but just try to purchase before sept 30( to save 25$).I think you will give good support to VB5 versions( not beta)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Base software - yes. If you have any add-ons, these will not be upgraded within that price.

As always before any upgrade, you should check whether updated versions of your add-ons exist for the version you're upgrading to otherwise you will lose these.
            I dont know this plugins and ad ons stuff...My website is simple with just FB connect, website banners and logo in header and Google anlytics code, Google adsense etc..that's it and nothing more...anyhow i will just ask your help to check whether my website have any add ons etc which may need something to do..sorry am not technee type guy..i think it will be easy for you people to upgrade my VB4 to VB5 ( not beta) without any error.

I just dont want to miss any data base/content

I have classic,default and fancy style...when you upgrade(professional install) you just upgrade to default VB version only? Then my classic and fancy versions will be automatically deleted? That is the only thing which i have added..like 2 custom styles( anyhow they too have minor changes )

NEXT i have payment qs. When i purchased i got VB license via bank wire transfer bcz i dont have CC on my name

This time will you allow my cousin CC with his name on CC but not my name. If you don't allow other CC then i may left with 2 options

1.Wire transfer ( paper work in bank etc eats my time)
            2. Virtual CC with master/Visa logo-Hopefully you accepts this and it works

In our country paypal payments are not accepted who don't have CC.

If you give us option of NEFT ( Net banking) then it could be easy and money directly debits from my bank account. Now a days this option is famous in our country even Godady came up with this idea of accepting NET banking etc apart from CC and wire transfers
            Last edited by drdoc; Sat 22 Sep '12, 1:55pm.

Comment

• Riasat
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by dr.reddy
              I want to just purchase upgrade license of VB5 now and later i will upgrade to VB5 fully tested version with the help of you paying 149$. I think i can purchase VB5 beta now and later upgrade to VB5 versions ( not beta).Till then i will use VB4 only but just try to purchase before sept 30( to save 25$).I think you will give good support to VB5 versions( not beta)
              Are you saying:
              - you will purchase vb5 license and run vb4
              - you will purchase upgrade service now but use it when vb5 is released (so we will upgrade your vb4 site to vb5)
              Then, yes, you can do that.

I dont know this plugins and ad ons stuff...My website is simple with just FB connect, website banners and logo in header and Google anlytics code, Google adsense etc..that's it and nothing more...anyhow i will just ask your help to check whether my website have any add ons etc which may need something to do..sorry am not technee type guy..i think it will be easy for you people to upgrade my VB4 to VB5 ( not beta) without any error.
              Sounds like there wont be any problems.

I just dont want to miss any data base/content
              We will inform you in detail what might be lost during upgrade.

I have classic,default and fancy style...when you upgrade(professional install) you just upgrade to default VB version only? Then my classic and fancy versions will be automatically deleted? That is the only thing which i have added..like 2 custom styles( anyhow they too have minor changes )
              Your custom styles will not be deleted/removed during vb4 to vb4 upgrade. They might (generally will) work just fine depending on the style itself.
              For vb4 to vb5, all custom styles need to be removed. vB5 styling is completely ajax based and most of the templates are completely different. No vb4 style will even work on vb5.

NEXT i have payment qs. When i purchased i got VB license via bank wire transfer bcz i dont have CC on my name
              I think as long as you fill out the correct CC details, it will be ok. But you should email to [email protected] and confirm.

Comment

• drdoc
                • Nov 2011
                • 4.1.x

@Riasat

I got all answers from you with clear explanations.Except database other minor issues i wont mind but database with content and members should not miss.Yes i will purchase VB5 license now and use VB4 for few days and later i will ask you to professionally install( 149$ ) from VB4 to VB5 version (later to beta version)but you just need to explain me about what plugins i loose bcz i don't see any big issues. Anyway am very much satisfied with your answers. So i may miss custom styles of VB4 when upgrade and install VB5. I think there wont be big problem with that because i think i just need to adjust logos and some minor changes.

Next regarding payment you said as long as i enter correct CC details ...You mean my details or my cousin CC details. I will email sales dept on this because last time VB said CC should be only on my name so i did wire transfer which is hectic. I will email [email protected] and confirm as you suggested

UPDATE: Just now i have emailed sales dept about payment options for paying 184$ before sept 30,2012

Other option for me is to wait until VB5 get stabilised from Beta version but i may loose 25$ discount. I also request VB support to extend discount for next 5months

Thanks Riasat
                Last edited by drdoc; Sun 23 Sep '12, 8:53am.

Comment

• Riasat
                  • Aug 2006

database with content and members should not miss.
                  Content/members never get lost. It is the customization.
                  Please note that vB5 CMS module has not been released yet as such, upgrading to vB5 now will mean you will lose (actually the content will remain in database but wont show) all data in CMS. As far as I know, once the CMS module is released, this hidden data will be converted properly to vB5 CMS.

Next regarding payment you said as long as i enter correct CC details ...You mean my details or my cousin CC details. I will email sales dept on this because last time VB said CC should be only on my name so i did wire transfer which is hectic. I will email [email protected] and confirm as you suggested
                  The cc you will use. In this case, that'd be your cousin's.

Comment