X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acwatts
    I thought if someone purchased VB5 they had access to VB4. ?
    We no longer sell a vBulletin 4 license. People who purchase vBulletin 5 licenses get access to the vBulletin 4 suite software.

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Yes,you would have access to it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

having access to something and selling something are not the same thing.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• acwatts
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

So technically you do still sell VB4 But it's called VB5. Why is there no mention of access to the full VB4 suite on the home page. New customers can only see that their buying a beta of VB5

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

So technically you do still sell VB4 But it's called VB5. Why is there no mention of access to the full VB4 suite on the home page. New customers can only see that their buying a beta of VB5
            No, we do not sell vBulletin 4. We sell vBulletin 5, it happens to have access to legacy software.

Comment

• acwatts
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
              No, we do not sell vBulletin 4. We sell vBulletin 5, it happens to have access to legacy software.

http://www.vbulletin.com/purchases/
              That information should be on the home page otherwise you may be loosing custom. You can say it what ever way you please but buying VB5 also buys you access to VB4.
              When I just looked at the home page I had no idea VB 4 was available, many other new customers will be thinking the same.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Even if it was on the homepage we'd still get a ton of emails asking the same thing.

Comment

• Nomy
                  • Sep 2012

That information should be on the home page otherwise you may be loosing custom. You can say it what ever way you please but buying VB5 also buys you access to VB4.
                  When I just looked at the home page I had no idea VB 4 was available, many other new customers will be thinking the same.
                  I agree with this guy, I thought I was not able to buy vb4 anymore. Once I found this out, didn't spend another minute to think and buy.

Comment

• alaska_av8r
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Wow I just noticed the charge for ticket support as well.

Premium Customer support

vBulletin 5 Connect comes with free forum support and a month of ticket support from the world-class vBulletin support team. You can purchase additional phone and ticket support as follows:
                    Phone and ticket support: USD$199.00/year | USD$49.00/month

Comment

• aussiefooty
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6.0.X

I guess it all depends if you respect those that have helped you in the past. Yeah it seems to be a tad expensive but it's probably worth it.
                      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                      Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• goxy63
                        • Sep 2008

???
                        So, purchasing VB5 I dont get same ticket support as I didn with VB3 or VB4 ?

In this case there is no way I will purchase new licence, thanks but no thanks...will keep VB4 as long as I can as now it runs without problems

Really if one or two tickets per month worth USD$199.00/year | USD$49.00/month
                        than I don't have any words to express how do I feel after 5-6years using this software
                        Last edited by goxy63; Tue 18 Sep '12, 12:10am.

Comment

• g00gl3r
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.5.x

Given the fact VB5 is a totally new product, that's more expensive than other forums, and less established and stable. It makes you wonder why a lot more people are not considering cheaper more stable and established options to upgrade to from VB4 such as XenForo and IPB and so on.

It's certainly what I'll be doing. Been running a couple of Xen forums for a while now and they perform well and have a lot of customisations. And it works out a hell of a lot cheaper than VB4 let alone VB5 and all the extra charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by goxy63
                          ???
                          So, purchasing VB5 I dont get same ticket support as I didn with VB3 or VB4 ?
                          No it's a lot more expensive as they're "trying to keep in line with other IT software packages" that are nothing to do with forums or the forum market. Christ knows which software. Probably expensive accounting software or something.

It's gone down hill since so many investors came on board and want their bucks back IMO.

Comment

• sparky
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            I don't understand this regarding my response. We no longer sell vBulletin 4 Publishing Suite. Those who purchased it will continue to receive ticket support.

Possibly. I personally consider IE9 a bug. However it could be Microsoft's slow Javascript implementation causing it to appear delayed in updating the cart.
                            I know, how do you think we feel. One day the option was there to purchase Ticket Support, the next it wasn't. We had the just the forum, so there was just the $80.00 ticket support.

We'll get there in the end, even if muddled.

Comment