X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bald Bouncer
    • Jul 2001
    • 5.0.X

How about a conversion price

How about offering the price in GBP as well, it might come as a surprise but not every forum owner lives in the United States of America and as you previously converted the price for UK owners I don't see why I should go through the checkout and guess at what the final price will be when converted into GBP depending on the exchange rate and which exchange rate you choose to use.
    Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You're best off normally paying the USD price, our conversions were fixed for months at a time, and the cost would sometimes be drastically more in GPB.

Comment

• Bald Bouncer
      • Jul 2001
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      You're best off normally paying the USD price, our conversions were fixed for months at a time, and the cost would sometimes be drastically more in GPB.
      Actually not true as the GBP has been dropping in value for years and it still leaves me at the mercy of the payment systems conversion rate not knowing how much I will actually pay until I have paid, it sucks but in the 11 years I have been using the product I have seen how everything has gradually moved to supporting American users and everyone else is an after thought so why should this be different I guess.
      Rheena.com For Xbox360 Wii-u PS Vita 3DS iphone ipad Android Devices And More

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

I'm telling you for a fact that the conversion rates were off by large margins years on end, and that even with paying the conversion rate on a credit card (3%~ on average) you'd still come out ahead.

Assuming best market conditions, you could get buy a vBulletin5 connect license for 155 gbp, this is on a 1:1 transaction with no fees.
        Chances are our GPB cost would have been set closer to 160-180 GPB, then you'd still get hit with VAT.
        Then, these prices would not be changed unless they greatly were not in our favor.

But you don't have to listen to me at all if you don't want.

Comment

• Qzaki
          • May 2011
          • 3.8.x

Zachery is right here. I'm from the UK and I was delighted to see I could only pay in USD due to the fact when I bought my original license I got slapped in the face for about £30 tax

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

you'll still need to pay VAT, but you'll pay it agasint the USD price, instead of an inflated GPB price.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Our current credit card processor only accepts US Dollars. A conversion price would be misleading as the charge would still be made in US Dollars at the dollar amount we have set.

Even in the past, the conversion was a fixed rate and did not take into account currency fluctuations. With the current method, your card issuer will give you the current rate of exchange.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Bald Bouncer
                ...but in the 11 years I have been using the product I have seen how everything has gradually moved to supporting American users and everyone else is an after thought so why should this be different I guess.
                To be fair in the 11 years it has transitioned to from a UK based company to an American based company so changes were to be expected.

Comment

• liamwli
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
                  To be fair in the 11 years it has transitioned to from a UK based company to an American based company so changes were to be expected.
                  It used to be a UK based company...???

I used a site to tell me how much I might have paid. With all the discounts, including the upgrade discount, it came to $149.

This is £91.90.

Obviously, Barclays would have charged a commission. But it wouldn't have been more than £95.

It is just a shame I don't have £95

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

Yes, Jelsoft was UK based.

Comment

• Stallyon
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 4.2.X

Even when Jelsoft was based in the UK I remember always paying in USD. Works for me now, because the AUD is still higher than the green back.
                      A computer without Microsoft Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
                      vBulletin user since March 2004, joined forum a year later, migration from vBulletin began April 2013. After 6 years of negativity, even old die-hard fans lose faith.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...