X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • immediate
    • Oct 2009
    • 4.2.X

I want to try this out but a few questions

1. I currently have a VB4, if I purchase a New License of VB5 for $249, would I still be able to migrate all content of VB4 to VB5 of a different license? So that I can use the VB4 license on a different domain.

2. If I purchase a upgrade, I suppose I can still download VB4 for the rest of life?

3. Is it easy to set up a monthly membership subscription via PayPal in VB5? Basically, members sign up for a paid membership in my forum and my forum automatically sets up a monthly subscription profile with PayPal that will automatically deducts a given amount from the member's PayPal account to mine....And when the subscription profile breaks or is terminated by member, the forum would automatically cease his membership upon PayPal IPN.......you get the idea. I'm still trying this with VB4 but it doesn't seem to work.

4. If I'm not satisfied with VB5, can I get a refund?

Thanks!
    Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.
  • Shamil.
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.2.X

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. I haven't checked, but I'll see if I can have a look later
    4. See below (License Agreement)

6. No Refund.

No refunds will be offered for the Software once it has been downloaded, except as required by law or as otherwise stated herein. If you are domiciled in the E.U., please refer to Section 19.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

1. Yes
      2. Yes
      3. NO - Paid Subscriptions are not part of VB5 yet.
      4. NO - Once you download the software these is no possibility of refund.

Comment

• immediate
        • Oct 2009
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
        1. Yes
        2. Yes
        3. NO - Paid Subscriptions are not part of VB5 yet.
        4. NO - Once you download the software these is no possibility of refund.
        Thanks Shamil and Joe for the prompt answers. I thought VB5 was a full-fledged all-around upgrade from VB4....it must have everything in VB4.

So can I have some confirmation that VB5 does NOT have Paid Subscription? Cause' that's weird....one of the major reasons why I'm upgrading - I want to start a paid membership forum.

Even one-time payment?
        Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Comment

• Shamil.
          • Feb 2008
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by immediate
          Thanks Shamil and Joe for the prompt answers. I thought VB5 was a full-fledged all-around upgrade from VB4....it must have everything in VB4.

So can I have some confirmation that VB5 does NOT have Paid Subscription? Cause' that's weird....one of the major reasons why I'm upgrading - I want to start a paid membership forum.

Even one-time payment?
          vBulletin 5 is vBulletin 4, refactored - it looks like a lot of features are missing and will most likely make their way back in soon. I've looked and there is paid subscriptions. Maybe Joe can clarify what he means by that it's not a part of vBulletin?

EDIT: I can't add any subs, there's a bug.

See pic:

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

vBulletin 5 is BETA - it is not complete software. That is why Paid Subscriptions are missing, as is the CMS. These things will be added back in time. I would continue to use VB4 on live sites for the time being, until VB5 gets the features you require.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Shamil.
              vBulletin 5 is vBulletin 4, refactored - it looks like a lot of features are missing and will most likely make their way back in soon. I've looked and there is paid subscriptions. Maybe Joe can clarify what he means by that it's not a part of vBulletin?

EDIT: I can't add any subs, there's a bug.
              Paid Subscriptions remain in the Admin CP but there is no way on the front end for users to actually purchase a subscription yet.

Comment

• Shamil.
                • Feb 2008
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
                Paid Subscriptions remain in the Admin CP but there is no way on the front end for users to actually purchase a subscription yet.
                As I thought - thanks.

Comment