You didn't implement a lot of promised modules in VB4, why do you create VB5?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartmut
    replied
    Originally posted by BoyStav
    How can I feel to be happy with VB5 when I don't know which part of your promisses will be implemented in the VB5?
    Here https://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/forum/main-forum you can already see of what has been added.

Leave a comment:

• BoyStav
    replied
    Try to use the SEO urls with the russian, I have lost the half of pages when I had enabled it!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Joe D.
    I'm sorry you are not happy with VB4 but there are SEO "Friendly" URLs in vBulletin 4.x.
    VBSEO is optional - no one has to buy or use it- thousands of Vbulletin sites do fine without it.
    A gallery was never promised. It may have been discussed as a possibility but no one promised it.
    Album support was always part of VB 4 and still is.

If you do not feel you will be happy with VB5 then do not purchase it- no one is forcing you to- it has been released as Beta so people can use it themselves and make an informed decision on if they want to purchase it or not. VB4 still has plenty of life left in it.
    How can I feel to be happy with VB5 when I don't know which part of your promisses will be implemented in the VB5?

Leave a comment:

• andretan88888
    replied
    SEO URL working good on iis 7.
    You can use microsoft URL rewrite to convert htaccess rule to web config without aditional cost.
    Or you can use isapi rewrite from helicontech to use htaccess rule on iis 7.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    I'm sorry you are not happy with VB4 but there are SEO "Friendly" URLs in vBulletin 4.x.
    VBSEO is optional - no one has to buy or use it- thousands of Vbulletin sites do fine without it.
    A gallery was never promised. It may have been discussed as a possibility but no one promised it.
    Album support was always part of VB 4 and still is.

If you do not feel you will be happy with VB5 then do not purchase it- no one is forcing you to- it has been released as Beta so people can use it themselves and make an informed decision on if they want to purchase it or not. VB4 still has plenty of life left in it.

Leave a comment:

• You didn't implement a lot of promised modules in VB4, why do you create VB5?

Hello!

I have like a VB but its haven't a support of the gallery and SEO URLS (under IIS it doesn't work well).
    So when you had released VB4 I have bought a license instead of IPB one because you promised Gallery and SEO URLs in the future releases of VB4.

But I have got nothing from the promised modules.

1) I have rewrite impex module to correct import from SMF the original one imports only messages and profiles, no attachments, no passwords, no links. + 40 hours
    2) I have bought VBSEO to support correct SEO URLS + 150$
    3) I have bought Photopost Gallery to get a Gallery instead of promised one + 150$

And now you ask me to pay extra money to new unfinished product? And estimate all of unrealised modules and additional spends as a 50$?