X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asterix_ita
    • Nov 2009
    • 4.2.X

vBulletin 5 Connect: license upgrade information

At the moment I have the licence Bulletin Suite, so I use the modules CMS and Blog, I am perfectly aware that in this first version there are not these two modules, but I would like to know if by buying now the upgrade to vBulletin Connect 5 (USD$209.00), I will have in the future these modules free of charge or if I should carry out an extra payment.

How will the licences be?

Looking forward to reading from you

Best regards
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

As soon as CMS is finished, the modules are going straight into vBulletin 5 connect without any extra charge.
    Last edited by Hartmut; Tue 11 Sep '12, 11:27pm.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• GHST
      • Dec 2006
      • 4.1.x

vBulletin 5 Connect: license upgrade information

Will our previous cms content be restored for use in vb5?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

Originally posted by GHST
        Yes, when updating to the actual vBulletin, old content will be kept in a seperate channel in order to implement it again as soon as the CMS gets added.

Comment

• asterix_ita
          • Nov 2009
          • 4.2.X

Thanks,

so this time the license will be unique and not forum and/or suites

correct?

regards

Comment

• jdj
            • Jan 2009
            • 5.1.x

What's that News tab in the video

Originally posted by Hartmut
            Yes, when updating to the actual vBulletin, old content will be kept in a seperate channel in order to implement it again as soon as the CMS gets added.
            We use the CMS and blogs: We use the CMS for news and jobs which are not "old" content. So if we turn vB5 on now it will inactivate a large part of our site.

I've watched the video and there is a "news" tab on the vB5 connect installation in the video. Does that mean that there is a news section in there or does the video not represent the current version? Or is that "news" tab in the video just the present activity stream by another name?

Comment

• Hartmut
              • Nov 2007
              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by jdj
              We use the CMS and blogs: We use the CMS for news and jobs which are not "old" content. So if we turn vB5 on now it will inactivate a large part of our site.
              Then you should not upgrade yet and wait untill CMS is available.

Comment

• jdj
                • Jan 2009
                • 5.1.x

Any idea of date?

Originally posted by Hartmut
                Then you should not upgrade yet and wait untill CMS is available.
                Now that vB5 is out do you have a rough idea of the date when the CMS will be added to it?

Comment

• Hartmut
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by jdj
                  Now that vB5 is out do you have a rough idea of the date when the CMS will be added to it?
                  No, sorry. There is no date set for releasing the CMS in vBulletin 5 connect yet.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

The "NEWS" tab is not a default tab of vBulletin 5, but it is now very easy to add custom tabs via the front end editor so you could make any tab you like.

Comment

• jdj
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by GHST
                      I asked that question elsewhere and they said yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Joe D.
                      The "NEWS" tab is not a default tab of vBulletin 5, but it is now very easy to add custom tabs via the front end editor so you could make any tab you like.
                      Thanks. I know the navigation manager in vB4 makes it easy to add tabs, I was just wondering whether the graphic of the new vB5 with a new tab in it indicated that there was some new feature that handled news items that would mean I could consider using it before the CMS became available.

Apparently not. Presumably the "News" tab in the graphic promoting vB5 connect is just a blank tab. Because at present there's no CMS to put the news in .

Comment

• geovadim
                        • May 2003
                        • 3.7.x

1. Can I buy now vbulletin 5 connect and use it live on my forums?

2. I own a vbulletin 3 license. When I buy vb5 shall I choose Upgrade option or buy new license?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

1. Yes if you want but it is a BETA product- It is not complete and there WILL BE bugs/errors on a live site.

2. If you want to save some money then you buy the upgrade. If you want 2 separate licences (so you can run a different VB 3.x forum) then buy a new license.

Comment

• dougdirac
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
                            1. Yes if you want but it is a BETA product- It is not complete and there WILL BE bugs/errors on a live site.
                            This just leaves me wondering why they're charging for a Beta version of software if it's not ready for a live site. Seems to me they should just release this free to try out for existing licensed customers. Then offer the real (paid) version later when it's ready.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Because we're selling the vBulletin 5 software, you're free to purchase it, and use a stable version if you wish instead.

Comment