X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccgale
    • Sep 2012

Import Wordpress Posts as VB questions

HI all,

Thinking of purchasing the tool but have a question. I have a wordpress site which has many thousands of posts on it and tens of thousands of comments on said posts (the questions and comments/answers are pulled from Yahoo Answers using WP Robot). I would like to be able to pull all of this content into a new VB forum. Is this possible? I would like to have the WP post as the thread and the comments in WP as the replies.

I know that the content at the moment is all duplicate but I want to pull it so that the forum is launched with a high level of content which in turn will invite real users. There used to be a plugin for vb 3.6 called ICO Content which pulled Q and A from Yahoo Answers but that seems to have vanished and I'm not aware of any for VB 4

thanks
    Carl
  • wave-rice
    • Feb 2011
    • 5.5.x

In ImpEx, WordPress is listed as a Tier 3 system. Tier 3 importers are no longer supported or updated. Below is the information about the WordPress importer that is currently in ImpEx:

WordPress
    Tier = 3
    Source version support in ImpEx = 2.3.1
    • Import blog user
    • Import blog category
    • Import blog
    • Import blog comments
    Aakif Nazir

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Current Impex will not import Wordpress Comments. There is also a small bug that must be manually edited to import articles.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...