XF to VB5 Connect

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibaker
    • Oct 2004

What I have learn't, and it is very very unfortunate, is that stuff you and you, just look after me next time. I wanted to give a person a chance, believe in the ability to do good and not let apathy play a part in the hitting the small dog with a big stick...so is the only option left is to succumb to the way the world is going and just say stuff you cause I'm looking after me?

I try to help out the underdog and let's face it, if we didn't then there would only ever be just one option for everyone whether you like it or not...just my little 2cents worth and please don't take it the wrong way
    Best regards
    Ian
    "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
    www.recreationalflying.com
    NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.

Comment

• Ramsesx
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by ibaker
      What I have learn't, and it is very very unfortunate, is that stuff you and you, just look after me next time. I wanted to give a person a chance, believe in the ability to do good and not let apathy play a part in the hitting the small dog with a big stick...so is the only option left is to succumb to the way the world is going and just say stuff you cause I'm looking after me?

I try to help out the underdog and let's face it, if we didn't then there would only ever be just one option for everyone whether you like it or not...just my little 2cents worth and please don't take it the wrong way
      It wasn't meant to belittle you, just couldn't resist, Ian
      Bought a license too for a new forum because of the same reason you did.
      But for my main forum, I earn my living from, I'd never do this experiments with a new software.
      Neverthless I hope they will get a converter done.
      And always a happy landing for you.
      Last edited by Ramsesx; Tue 4 Sep '12, 2:48am.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

If we're talking about XF, I too bought a licence on launch day *solely* to support the "underdog" and because I had a lot of respect for Kier.

I'm afraid to say that respect was grotesquely misplaced. I will *never* do anything like that ever again.

If people ask me about purchasing forum software...which they often do....there are only two companies to consider, those are vBulletin and Invision. And obviously my current recommendation is vBulletin. Not to say Invision isn't any good, it is, but it's never been my "cup of tea" personally. vBulletin it is.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Alien
          • Jul 2000

I would like to see this option supported officially in the new vB5 ImpEx as well, for those who may wish to migrate in the future.
          -Jason / WTF.com

"I think I've been quite clear that the new style will be in vB4." - Allen Lin / February 16, 2012

Comment

• kwallace
            • Nov 2009

Well, I'm a current Xenforo user (300k+ post forum) coming from IPB and I'm 99.9% sure I'll be changing as my annual license ends. I do believe alot will also do this as the fanboy religious supporters are very vocal on their forum giving the impression there are lots of them. I might be a bit presumptuous but I think the silent majority would be like me, disappointed that a bit of classy software is being let go. Either way life goes on and now I'm waiting to see what VB5 has to offer before I jump back to IPB (I'd like VB5 though for the CMS, please just make a sexy admin area)

Comment