• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KielEWyote
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

Staging VBulletin for testing while still using PHPBB3 on Dreamhost

Hey everyone,
    I've been digging through the forums and I'm getting bits of answers to my questions. I am currently looking at switching to VBulletin from PHPBB3. In order to make this a seamless transition for my users, I'd like to install VBulletin on a sub-domain (vbulletin.mydomain.com) so that I can run IMPEX, configure the forums, and have a few users test it out.

Once I've tested out VBulletin on my sub-domain and everything works as I'd like, how do I move it to the main domain? Dreamhost recommended that I mirror the domain so that mydomain.com would be a mirror for vbulletin.mydomain.com.

Can anyone help me understand how to best approach this? I've done a demo of the software and I think my users will love the new features of VBulletin and I'm excited to get started.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Just move the vb files to the main domain, connect it to the db, and update the forum urls/etc in the AdminCP after.

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by KielEWyote

Once I've tested out VBulletin on my sub-domain and everything works as I'd like, how do I move it to the main domain?
      Is your forum in a folder like forums? For example:

If so what I do to create a test forum is to make a folder like this:

Once I test the new forum software in the forums_new folder and I'm ready to switch over, I close the main forum, do the upgrade on the new forum and finally rename the forum folders so that the new forum folder become the main forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...