Regarding VB install/upgrades and payment mode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drdoc
    • Nov 2011
    • 4.1.x

Regarding VB install/upgrades and payment mode?

I have VB suite 4.1.7 and want to upgrade to VB5 once it is available.

I have 3 qs

1.Will VB5 have Facebook integrated with that or should i need to purchase again FB app separately even after upgrading to VB5? I heard that with VB5 initial release there wont be FB connect integrated.

2.If i need to upgrade and install then Will you charge for VB4.1.7 upgrade to VB5 separately and for Installation (150$) separately? I mean if we upgrade then will you install for me with in that charge if i request so?...Because i need vb tech guy to upgrade and install for me. I saw in purchase section that install/upgrade is 150$.

3. Any option to pay using my cousin CC ? will you need exclusively my CC to pay you ( other than paypal and wiretransfer etc)? will you accept virtual Credit Card on my name? Our country don't have paypal facility to pay others ( but just allows accepting payments) and i don't have direct credit card. So can i use Virtual credit card ?

Ohh i forgot to mention thank you
    Last edited by drdoc; Sat 1 Sep '12, 12:12pm.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

The facebook app has nothing to do with the built in functionality of facebook in the software.

If you want us to do the upgrade, it would be 150 USD to upgrade from one version, to the current version you have. You could pay us 150 usd to upgrade you from vBulletin 1.1.6 to 5.0.0.

We take paypal, credit card, and wire transfers. IF your virtual card will work to process a payment though visa/mastercard it should be fine.

Comment

• drdoc
      • Nov 2011
      • 4.1.x

I have a bank DEBIT card which is Master card. Regarding Virtual credit card one of my BANK describes below
      NetSafe
      is a unique online secure payment solution from HDFC Bank. NetSafe enables you to generate a unique virtual card number using your physical Visa Debit/Credit or Mastercard Debit/Credit Card.Your physical card number is thus safe from getting exposed on the net. NetSafe is currently FREE for all HDFC Bank Visa and Mastercard Debit and Creditcard holders.

Verified by Visa(VBV)/MasterCard® SecureCode(MSC)/ProtectBuySM is a service from Visa/MasterCard/Diners that lets you shop online securely with your existing Debit/Credit card on participating VBV/MSC/ProtectBuy websites.

plz check here and let me know
      https://netsafe.hdfcbank.com/ACSWeb/enrolljsp/HDFCValidate.jsp#

NEXT regarding Facebook. Actually i have 4.1.7 without facebook connect. So i want facebook connect directly with VB5 without paying separately again now for FB connect. So is that VB5 have FB connect integrated with it?

NEXT if i upgrade from 4.1.7 to VB5 license then you said its 150$. So i think you will convert my VB 41.17 directly to VB5 with 150$. My question is will you install and upgrade for me if i pay 150$. Why am asking this is " just for allowing/permitting upgrade to vb5 is 150$ or will you do it for me bcz i dont know how to do that?

Comment

• beishe8
        • Oct 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by dr.reddy
        NEXT if i upgrade from 4.1.7 to VB5 license then you said its 150$. So i think you will convert my VB 41.17 directly to VB5 with 150$. My question is will you install and upgrade for me if i pay 150$. Why am asking this is " just for allowing/permitting upgrade to vb5 is 150$ or will you do it for me bcz i dont know how to do that?
        ATM upgrading the licence from vB3 to vB4 cost $175

Expecting the same price from vB4 to vB5 will cost you:
        $175 for the licence
        plus
        $150 for the Pro upgrade by the staff.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• drdoc
          • Nov 2011
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by beishe8
          ATM upgrading the licence from vB3 to vB4 cost $175

Expecting the same price from vB4 to vB5 will cost you:
          $175 for the licence
          plus
          $150 for the Pro upgrade by the staff.
          yea i too doubt so...Upgrade permission ( some "X"charge) + Doing that upgrade for me by vb staff (150$).
          So total together USD= X+150. VB staff plz confirm this

What about FB connect. Will i get FB connect integrated with VB5 or again shall i purchase for 99$ separately?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

What about FB connect. Will i get FB connect integrated with VB5 or again shall i purchase for 99$ separately?
            The $99.00 Facebook App actually has little to do with Facebook Connect.

Facebook Connect is a standard feature of the software and is available in the base package at no extra charge.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• drdoc
              • Nov 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              The $99.00 Facebook App actually has little to do with Facebook Connect.

Facebook Connect is a standard feature of the software and is available in the base package at no extra charge.
              So that means i don't need to purchase 99$ FB connect if i upgrade from my current VB4.1.7 to VB5 OR FB app is different from FB connect? Can anyone explain difference and shall i need to pay 99$ to allow people to login to my forum directly via FB login? Thanks

So what shall i do to getting following features on my VB 41.17. Am soon going to upgrade for VB5

questions

1. How to provide a facility to allow users to login to my forum using FB login directly?
              2. How can i connect to my FB fan page directly?
              3. How to updates and new posts etc from my forum reflect on my FB fan page and as feeds to my FB friends etc

I want above 3 features so what can i do..what should i purchase..how much it cost. If i wait until VB5 release, then will i get any of above features FREE of cost unlike 4.1.7
              Last edited by drdoc; Mon 3 Sep '12, 12:50am.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

The default integrated Facebook stuff is the like function and registration with a Facebook account, that's what you're looking for.
                The 99$ Facebook app is something way different.

Comment

• drdoc
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                  The default integrated Facebook stuff is the like function and registration with a Facebook account, that's what you're looking for.
                  The 99$ Facebook app is something way different.
                  Ohh thanks..Ok i got it..so FB connect is free . So 99$ FB app has what advantages.is it really required to attract FB users?

Comment

• beishe8
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4.2.X

Ohh thanks..Ok i got it..so FB connect is free . So 99$ FB app has what advantages.is it really required to attract FB users?
                    FB has a much bigger chance to attract vB's users.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• drdoc
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by beishe8
                      FB has a much bigger chance to attract vB's users.
                      yes i agree that FB users attract more to my website and also easy to use for my VB users as well.

May be with FB app, VB forum clone will be on FB...

Comment

• Ace
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 4.2.X

May be with FB app, VB forum clone will be on FB...
                        That's pretty much what you get - your forum interactable through Facebook.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• drdoc
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Ace
                          That's pretty much what you get - your forum interactable through Facebook.

https://apps.facebook.com/vbulletincom/
                          Thanks and i got it now. may be right now i may try FB connect which is free and once i upgrade to VB5 i may go fr FB app

Thank u guys for all your suggestions

Comment