X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R1lover
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by GeorgeB
    Since this is Vbulletin 5.0, does that mean, we are basically going to be buying a brand new license for this?
    Yes, and why a lot of us left in 09 when this new license structure was announced!
    www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• Solitaire
      • Oct 2010
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
      The point is, the existing license model is bad for the late buyer. Means, all customers who bought a license this year or in the last 12 months made a bad deal if vB5 is coming as expected in this year.
      Best and a fair move would be a compensation based on the time a vB4 license was bought. For example, bought vB4 3 month before vB5 gets a free upgrade, 6 months = 70% off, 9 months = 50%, 12 months = 30%.
      They have no reason to be "fair" as you put it. Purchasing software, components, or equipment for late buyers comes at a perceived risk anyway. A company can announce the next version with no offer of an upgrade price or a substantially reduced upgrade and still be well within ethical standards.
      Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment

• selfsufficientme
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Solitaire
        They have no reason to be "fair" as you put it. Purchasing software, components, or equipment for late buyers comes at a perceived risk anyway. A company can announce the next version with no offer of an upgrade price or a substantially reduced upgrade and still be well within ethical standards.
        Well, if it's good enough for Microsoft to give discounted upgrades for people who purchase their old OS within a given time of the new release then I'm sure a coy like VB won't let their customers down. They're a big successful business who produce a good product and they'll have some plan for buyers who have recently purchased 4.2, I reckon... well I would if I was the boss.

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Yes, that's true and I know how the business works. But it doesn't mean I can't post some suggestions to improve customer relationship in the best interest of IB. Satisfied customers are a long term value.

Comment

• Solitaire
            • Oct 2010
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by selfsufficientme
            Well, if it's good enough for Microsoft to give discounted upgrades for people who purchase their old OS within a given time of the new release then I'm sure a coy like VB won't let their customers down. They're a big successful business who produce a good product and they'll have some plan for buyers who have recently purchased 4.2, I reckon... well I would if I was the boss.
            Originally posted by Ramsesx
            Yes, that's true and I know how the business works. But it doesn't mean I can't post some suggestions to improve customer relationship in the best interest of IB. Satisfied customers are a long term value.
            Then what about the people who bought into it at the beginning? I certainly don't want to get penalized just because I was an early adopter of vb4 and have to pay a full upgrade price while late buyers get it at a reduced rate. So I just hope VB doesn't go with that suggestion.
            Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment

• Ramsesx
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

Then what about the people who bought into it at the beginning? I certainly don't want to get penalized just because I was an early adopter of vb4 and have to pay a full upgrade price while late buyers get it at a reduced rate. So I just hope VB doesn't go with that suggestion.
              I bought it early as well but I try to think beyond my own profit, sometimes.

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
                • Apr 2010

I would strongly suggest you buy a new license not an upgrade

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...