X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paintpig
    • Aug 2012

About install etc for a non tech head

Hello ladies and gentlemen

I am looking at vB (suite) for a new forum, I have been a moderator on a forum that uses vB and I am happy that it fit all my requirements, plus some.

Unfortunately I'm no tech head so (the WYSIWYG is particularly useful to me in this regard) alas I don't think that I would be able to instal or is it upload, or what ever it is called, vB without much weeping and rending of clothing .....even after reading through the archives. Root directories and data base this and xml that and GTHO the other just leaves me staring blankly at the screen.

Am I over reacting, is there a thorough walk through I missed? Is there a service that can do all this for me so all I have to do is go to my cpanel and hey presto? I can then just start setting up the CMS and forums etc without any hassle.

I have chosen Bluehost for my plan (I dont expect more than 300 users at most), if this information helps. Of course in time I will have to explore the mysteries of thingumyjig and whatisname...... css & html I understand that, but for now I just want to get started on my forum.

regards
    the paintpig (aka total noob)

ps please don't go jargon heavy in your reply
  • wave-rice
    • Feb 2011
    • 5.5.x

Yes, when you purchase vBulletin, documentation is provided in the archive/zip file to walk you through the steps on how to install. In addition to this, you can read the vBulletin Online Manual to obtain installation help and this will walk you through all the steps you need to go through.

The vBulletin Online Manual is here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

Once you've completed the steps, you should end up with a working forum ready to be set up as your needs see fit.
    Aakif Nazir

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...