• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Debin Tom
    • Sep 2014
    • 5.0.X

Issue while Embed vBulletin inside Mobile Application

Hi

I have some questions about how vBulletin works that i hope you can help me with.

We are gonna build a mobile app using vBulletin mobile suite 5. The idea is that we are linking the vBulletin website into our Mobile Application.

My query is can we link currently using vBulletin website database to our mobile app database. This query rises to me with this condition, " if a user register in website vBulletin, can he log in with same credential to the vBulletin App though our Mobile Application".

So linking vBulletin database to our database is possible??.

Thank u for your concern.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

If you have an experienced programmer they should be able to write code that allows you two 'bridge' the vBulletin database with your current database, that would allow a user to log in only once but be logged in to both your site and the vBulletin forum.

vBulletin also has a mobile API you can use to make it part of your mobile app- the only issue you need to be aware of is this API is not documented. In order to use it an experienced developer will need to study the VB source code to see how it works.

The code of the vBulletin forum is visible source. The code for our Mobile App is not visible- you will not get access to that. You do not need to purchase the mobile suite to use the mobile API, to be honest it does not sound like you would have use for our mobile app as it would only allow access to the default vBulletin forum.

Any custom coding you do, you are on your own for supporting it- we do not provide support for custom coding.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...