Improved Content Discovery With vBulletin 5 Connect (Screenshot Inside)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lawrence Cole
    • Oct 2011

Improved Content Discovery With vBulletin 5 Connect (Screenshot Inside)

vBulletin 5 Connect will significantly improve sites' ability to feature valuable content appealing to both new and repeat visitors. Forum sites often have a wealth of conversations that are of interest but hard to find. Search can provide some help, but people don't always use it well, if at all.

vBulletin 5 Connect will provide customizable content modules that present threads and posts filtered by a variety of easy-to-set search parameters. This will give forum admins the ability to conveniently feature content of their choosing. Multiple search modules can be displayed on a site to provide different slices of the community's most engaging discussions.

For example, the content module can be configured to only show posts containing certain keywords, or posts by a given list of members. This can be further limited to threads which were started by particular members or include specific keywords. The module can limit the displayed posts by type of content (text, photos, etc.), date of post, tags, etc.

For the first time, the rich depth of discussions contained in forum sites will be able to be prominently featured on vBulletin 5 Connect sites. A screenshot of this content module is provided below.

Other vBulletin 5 Connect Features:

The New Site Builder: http://bit.ly/NwSSYd

Attached Files
    Last edited by Lawrence Cole; Thu 9 Aug '12, 2:30pm.
  • jerde
    Banned
    • Jun 2010
    • 4.2.X

I'm curious to see how CMS is going to be handled. Will it be optimized to become more Wordpress like?

One of my main complaints is how sometimes when you click on a article link you then have to click on another link to get to the article. Or how comments are stored in a forum thread rather than just tied directly to the article.

Also, guest commenting is not user friendly at all. If you want a successful blog, you have to be able to promote user conversation.

Any answers to these questions?

Comment

• jdj
      • Jan 2009
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by jerde
      I'm curious to see how CMS is going to be handled.
      I'm also curious to see how CMS will be handled because I use vB4 with the CMS as my homepage. I understand that there will be no CMS in vB5 when it first comes out and there is no clear date when whatever replaces the CMS will be put in to vB5. So what that means is that anyone who presently uses the CMS as their homepage will have difficulty upgrading from vB4.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

They won't have difficulty, they can upgrade - but they won't have their CMS in place...
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• jdj
          • Jan 2009
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          They won't have difficulty, they can upgrade - but they won't have their CMS in place...
          ...and if they do upgrade they then won't have a homepage!!! So they won't be able to upgrade.

Comment