Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitaldudek
    • Aug 2012

Few questions before purchasing

So I'm more and more interested in the publishing suite. I've seen some sites with interesting designs. I even experimented with that live demo thing you guys have. I also help admin a v3 forum at forums.gamers.org so I'm familiar with some of the features offered. I do have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to embed videos in posts that are hosted from my own server instead of youtube and such? And if so, is it hard or easy to setup? This is really the most important feature for me as my new project will deal with content that is hosted locally and to be streamed/viewed within the community itself.

2. I hear v5 will be coming out later this year, should I wait for that or purchase v4? Do I get an upgrade to v5 when it comes out?

3. Is it possible to embed audio-playback within a post/article that is also hosted locally?

Thank you for taking time and helping me =]
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Not by default, you'd need to create a custom bbcode. If you need custom streaming software as well, that is also on you.
    That is up to you, if vB4 suites your needs today, use it.
    Would also require modifications and a custom audio player.

Comment

• Riasat
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by digitaldudek
      3. Is it possible to embed audio-playback within a post/article that is also hosted locally?
      You can easily do it with some custom bbcode (without custom audio player) if you are doing it with HTML5.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...