X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I, Brian
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

vb 3.8.7 patch level 3 required

Could one of the vb team let me know how to get my licences upgraded legally to 3.8.7 patch level 3, please?

Tried to raise the issue before but nothing happening, and my forums keep getting hacked with the 123url.info redirect.

Any help much appreciated.

Happy for communication via PM, or to file a support ticket.

• ENF
    • Apr 2002

In the current licensing status, you'll need to upgrade your vb3 license to a vb4 license. That will give you access to the latest vb3 files. You don't need to change to vb4, you can still run vb3.

There was a vb3 maintenance pack, but that offer has long since expired.
    To be updated...

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

I am fairly sure that PL3 is not required and that it was a mobile api fix.

Comment

• I, Brian
        • Feb 2003
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by ENF
        In the current licensing status, you'll need to upgrade your vb3 license to a vb4 license. That will give you access to the latest vb3 files. You don't need to change to vb4, you can still run vb3.

There was a vb3 maintenance pack, but that offer has long since expired.
        Cheers for that - for some reason had presumed vb3 was no longer available for download. Ordered now.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by I, Brian
          Could one of the vb team let me know how to get my licences upgraded legally to 3.8.7 patch level 3, please?

Tried to raise the issue before but nothing happening, and my forums keep getting hacked with the 123url.info redirect.

Any help much appreciated.

Happy for communication via PM, or to file a support ticket.
          At this time you would have to purchase a license upgrade for each license. Around the time 3.8.7 was released we had a maintenance pack sold in 3 month intervals that would give access. This was discontinued after the release of 3.8.7 and is no longer offered.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TrIn@dOr
            • Dec 2005
            • 3.6.x

Well, you could get the files separated. Left column look for "Patches/Security Patches" and then patch manually.

You will have 3.7.0, patched with 3.8.7 PL 3, "I believe"... (security wise speaking)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by TrIn@dOr
              Well, you could get the files separated. Left column look for "Patches/Security Patches" and then patch manually.

You will have 3.7.0, patched with 3.8.7 PL 3, "I believe"... (security wise speaking)
              That won't work. Sorry. You can patch 3.7.0 files with 3.7.0 patches.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Loco.M
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by I, Brian
                forums keep getting hacked with the 123url.info redirect.
                Here you go, I followed these steps to remove that redirct on a clients sites a few months ago.

also you might check out the whole thread

No need to upgrade to prevent this, but I would run the latest and greatest no matter what.
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...