Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldz442
    • Apr 2012

Latest 3.8 upgrades/fixes

My 3.x licence expired a while ago and can only download to 3.8.6 PL1. And since my GD host does not support VB4 (too much hassle to upgrade to PHP 5.2+). I want the latest v3.x versions. So paying the $175 upg fee will allow access to the latest v4.x versions... AND everything in the v3.x line (ie. 3.8.7 PL3) ? tx
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Yes that's correct, it will.

As an aside, seriously - get yourself a new host at the same time!
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

You're saying your webhost doesn't have php 5.2 support? You do understand php 5.2 is already EOL right?

Comment

• oldz442
        • Apr 2012

Godaddy VM. 5.1.6... and of course I understand... hence why I said 5.2 PLUS. Does 5.3+ sound better?

- - - Updated - - -

I can upgrade myself 'manually', but will prob break several things. yum shows the below available to install...

php53.i386 : PHP scripting language for creating dynamic web sites
        php53-bcmath.i386 : A module for PHP applications for using the bcmath library
        php53-cli.i386 : Command-line interface for PHP
        php53-common.i386 : Common files for PHP
        php53-dba.i386 : A database abstraction layer module for PHP applications
        php53-devel.i386 : Files needed for building PHP extensions
        php53-gd.i386 : A module for PHP applications for using the gd graphics library
        php53-imap.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use IMAP
        php53-intl.i386 : Internationalization extension for PHP applications
        php53-ldap.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use LDAP
        php53-mbstring.i386 : A module for PHP applications which need multi-byte string handling
        php53-mysql.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use MySQL databases
        php53-odbc.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use ODBC databases
        php53-pdo.i386 : A database access abstraction module for PHP applications
        php53-pgsql.i386 : A PostgreSQL database module for PHP
        php53-process.i386 : Modules for PHP script using system process interfaces
        php53-pspell.i386 : A module for PHP applications for using pspell interfaces
        php53-snmp.i386 : A module for PHP applications that query SNMP-managed devices
        php53-soap.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use the SOAP protocol
        php53-xml.i386 : A module for PHP applications which use XML
        php53-xmlrpc.i386 : A module for PHP applications which use the XML-RPC protocol
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Dustin L.
          • Mar 2011
          • 4.2.X

GoDaddy is a horrible host. You really should get yourself a new one. 5.1.6 is extremely outdated and 5.2 is no longer supported.

But to answer your question, yes.

Dustin
          http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
          http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• oldz442
            • Apr 2012

Thanks.

Just noticed the below @ http://support.godaddy.com/help/arti..._split_value=3

Updating to PHP 5.3
            Date Submitted: 6-29-2012

Starting August 1, 2012 we are removing older versions of PHP from our Linux servers and replacing them with the newer version of PHP 5.3. These older versions of PHP are no longer supported, and have become outdated. PHP 5.3 is more stable, and most important, more secure.

Most websites using older versions of PHP will still function properly under PHP 5.3. We want to give you an opportunity to update your version of PHP and check your site for any issues before we make the change to our servers.

Don't worry. Updating PHP versions is easy. For more information, see Viewing or Changing Your PHP Language Version.

Although most existing PHP code should work without changes, there are some backward incompatible changes that might impact your site when you update PHP versions. If you see any issues during this upgrade process, you should reach out to your site developer, or contact our support team
            Last edited by oldz442; Sun 8 Jul '12, 4:34pm.
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...