X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioDave
    Banned
    • Jul 2012

Upgrade route from vB4 to vB5

Even though vB5 has only recently been made public has there been any decision on how the upgrades are going to be handled?

The vB3 to vB4 wasn't the smoothest of transitions upgrade pricing wise, is there anything on the vB4 to vB5 upgrade yet? I'm looking to add a forum to a growing blog and figured I'd give vBulletin another look a few years after the fact.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

There is nothing at this time regarding pricing for current or new customers.

Comment

• IgorGabrielan
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

If I bought a VB4, wait until it stabilizes, but nothing has been downloaded from your server, you can immediately download the VB5? Because there is no sense in. After downloading vb4 sense anymore.

Comment

• Merjawy
        • Sep 2002

The better question is, why would you buy it now if you're not planning to download and/or use it anytime soon?
        Wouldn't waiting for vB5 be a better choice? Unless of course you change your mind and want it before that.

Best to buy when you're ready to use the product...

As far being stable, vB4 is stable right now and many people using it and happy.
        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• IgorGabrielan
          • Jan 2011
          • 4.1.x

For me it was a surprise that in Russia and Ukraine is very difficult to find developers for the fourth version, the developers are working on the third version. When I bought the fourth version, still did not know symfony developer antipathy to the fourth version. And then waited, perhaps, the fourth version of the typed stability, and the upstream developer did begin to develop in the fourth version. Because I'm an innovator by nature and do not want to use the old version, although it is stable. It is therefore pointless to me now download the fourth version. Now I wait, when you announce the financial policy of the transition from the fourth to the fifth version of what will be the solution for those who do not downloaded from your server, as I did, and the very same time waiting for the fifth version. Perhaps, like the fifth version of the developers from Russia and Ukraine?

Comment