What Facebook integration do you get a sstandard?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aeropars
    • May 2007

What Facebook integration do you get a sstandard?

Hi All,

Simple question but I can't seem to find an answer.

Buying the forum only, what facebook integration will I get for users? I understand there is a separate facebook application but I dont understand the difference.

Thanks in advance.

Lee
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Built in is Facebook Connect. That Facebook functionality allows you to do several things:

1. Enable new members to join your community without the need to go through the full registration process

2. Allow your members to post links to posts they make on their Facebook wall automatically where they choose to* for others to read

3. 'Like' a thread and have a link to the thread automatically posted on their Facebook wall for others to read

*Publishing of posts to your Facebook wall only happens if you tick the 'Publish to Facebook' box beside the button to submit your post. If you don't tick that box, nothing goes to Facebook. It is an option that is available to you - it's not mandatory.

For points 2 and 3, this functionality will make it easier - no more having to copy and paste the link to the thread then post it on your wall, the forum software will do that for you should you choose the option.

The Facebook App is another interface to your forums within the Facebook page itself, see here for our own:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• grigore665
      • Mar 2012
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      *Publishing of posts to your Facebook wall only happens if you tick the 'Publish to Facebook' box beside the button to submit your post. If you don't tick that box, nothing goes to Facebook. It is an option that is available to you - it's not mandatory.
      Can this modified in the future (as option for admins) to make publishing a mandatory or at least ticked box when some1 makes a thread ? (auto publish)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      www.diablo3.ro
      www.facebook.com/Diablo3Romania/
      www.facebook.com/groups/Diablo3Romania/

[email protected] @ www.esl.eu/player/4283225/
      VB Suite 4.2.0 Patch 2

Comment