X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liamwli
    • Feb 2012
    • 4.2.X

Second hand or brand new license?

I will be coming into a lot of money in just over a week (£421.82 to be precise, although £230 of that is going to a SGS2).

I want to buy vB, but I was wondering which was best, or if I should always avoid one. Should I go for a new license or a second hand license?

I s'pose a new license would be best - it may come with extras, am I correct?

And if I get fed up with it, I can resell it, which I cannot do with a second hand licence.

If I do get a brand new license, how quickly does it set everything up? I will be paying using a Visa Debit card in the UK, if that helps.

Thanks for any replies,

Liam
  • wave-rice
    • Feb 2011
    • 5.5.x

Originally posted by liamwli
    I will be coming into a lot of money in just over a week (£421.82 to be precise, although £230 of that is going to a SGS2).

I want to buy vB, but I was wondering which was best, or if I should always avoid one. Should I go for a new license or a second hand license?

I s'pose a new license would be best - it may come with extras, am I correct?

And if I get fed up with it, I can resell it, which I cannot do with a second hand licence.

If I do get a brand new license, how quickly does it set everything up? I will be paying using a Visa Debit card in the UK, if that helps.

Thanks for any replies,

Liam
    Second hand licenses is a bad idea. There are loads of risks involved which you can read about here.

If you purchase a brand new license, there are some special offers available that you can see on the order page here.

When I purchased vBulletin, everything was ready to be downloaded and installed on to my server in less than 15 minutes. The transactions are instant but maybe because I was using PayPal as my payment method. Seeing as your using a Debit Card, it may take longer than that.

I reccommend buying a brand new license. Sure it may cost more than a second hand one but you are safe of the risks and don't have to worry about any complications in the future.
    Aakif Nazir

Comment

• edoO~'
      • Jan 2012

Don't be stupid, you should buy a brand new one.
      Well, when i bought, after 30minutes my license was ready to use.
      It's fast, and, there is no danger, if the last "boss" keep using the vbulletin.
      Thats my tip.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...