Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kizzy
    • Jun 2012

Questions about billing

I was going to purchase the publishing suite + mobile suite for $469 but I was curious about the billing cycle. I assume it's yearly? or am I wrong and in fact it's actually Monthly?

Also would I require to purchase the 'Forum License' package or is it including with the publishing one? Or is it just optional

Regards,
    Kieran
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

The publishing suite is a one time fee, the mobile suite has a one time fee plus optional renewal after 12 months. The the publishing suite is the deluxe version of the forum classic license.
    Nothing will be auto billed to you after your initial purchase.

Comment

• Kizzy
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Zachery
      The publishing suite is a one time fee, the mobile suite has a one time fee plus optional renewal after 12 months. The the publishing suite is the deluxe version of the forum classic license.
      Nothing will be auto billed to you after your initial purchase.
      Ok, I was going to consider buying the publishing suite + mobile package. I assume I'd need to buy one license too?

Also, I assume I'd also need to find a good host to be able to handle lot's of members etc + compatibility to the software?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

One license of what? The a forum license (publishing, or forum classic) is required for the vBulletin mobile suite.

Comment

• Riasat
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Kizzy
          Also, I assume I'd also need to find a good host to be able to handle lot's of members etc + compatibility to the software?
          If possible, start off with any low level VPS. Then based on traffic, increase to better package.

Comment

• Kizzy
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by CvP
            If possible, start off with any low level VPS. Then based on traffic, increase to better package.
            I can obviously assume I should get a VPS over a dedicated server?

Comment

• ENF
              • Apr 2002

If you purchase the mobile suite, please don't forget that:

(For iOS)

A) you need access to a Mac computer to compile the iOS (iDevices...) version and...
              B) you need a Apple developer account which is $99/year. (paid to Apple of course)

For Android, it's a one time charge of $25.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Kizzy
              I can obviously assume I should get a VPS over a dedicated server?
              Starting with a VPS is cheaper and allows you to start growing. If you think you'll outgrow a VPS quickly, then have a dedicated server picked out so that you cam migrate if needed.
              To be updated...

Comment

• Kizzy
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Zachery
                One license of what? The a forum license (publishing, or forum classic) is required for the vBulletin mobile suite.
                So I only need the license if I'm using a mobile suite?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

To use the Mobile suite you need a forum or publishing suite license. The mobile suite is not a stand alone product, it only integrates with vBulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...