Users cannot edit posts, create signatures, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeemaNoire
    • Jun 2012

Users cannot edit posts, create signatures, etc.

Hi everyone
    I tried searching the site to see if there was already an answer to my question but could not find one, so my apologies in advance if this is redundant. Hopefully it isn't, and at least a part of it can be answered.

I am registered at a vbulletin site that run by a gaming company. Anyway they have stated that there was a glitch with the site that has to do with vbull, so those that registered after a certain date unfortunately do not have full capabilities that previous members have (ie ability to edit one's own posts, have signatures and hyper-linked names, being able to see the join date of the user, location and number of posts, etc). Now they have been consistent with this statement for well over a year; however they've somehow managed to edit newer Super-moderator accounts to have these features, and have even given them and forum mods the ability for avatars.

I'm not asking for any specifics in regards to anything I do not need to know, I'm not even positive on what version they are running - I just want to know if there is any credence to what they have been saying and if they should continue to have the benefit of the doubt. I ask this not only for the amount of time this has been told to this community, but talking to my sister who has run more than one message board (though not vbull), she says what they're saying isn't truthful.
  • AdrianH
    • Sep 2007

This site only supports licensed vbulletin site owners, it cannot give site specific use/guidance to members of vbulletin forums as the range of settings is so large. You can only deal with the admin/owner of the site/s you use.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

I have never heard of such a glitch, but if they are choosing to not let 'new' users have certain privileges, then that is their decision and there is nothing we can do about it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• NeemaNoire
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by AdrianH
        This site only supports licensed vbulletin site owners, it cannot give site specific use/guidance to members of vbulletin forums as the range of settings is so large. You can only deal with the admin/owner of the site/s you use.
        As I stated earlier, I wasn't asking for specific details of the inter-workings of a site. I just wanted to know if this scenario were possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lynne
        I have never heard of such a glitch, but if they are choosing to not let 'new' users have certain privileges, then that is their decision and there is nothing we can do about it.
        Thank you.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by NeemaNoire
          I am registered at a vbulletin site that run by a gaming company. Anyway they have stated that there was a glitch with the site that has to do with vbull, so those that registered after a certain date unfortunately do not have full capabilities that previous members have (ie ability to edit one's own posts, have signatures and hyper-linked names, being able to see the join date of the user, location and number of posts, etc). Now they have been consistent with this statement for well over a year; however they've somehow managed to edit newer Super-moderator accounts to have these features, and have even given them and forum mods the ability for avatars.
          This is all controlled by permissions and perfectly within their capabilities.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...