X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdrianH
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MRGTB
    Hmm, can't really say I buy into that one being honest. Just my own opinion, maybe they didn't have funds there to pay for auto renewal, but thought they had?
    Nothing new with domains not being renewed when set to auto, I know of one that got sold despite being supposedly protected and on auto renew. These companies do get things wrong just as much as their customers. Looking at the dates this one got suspended on the due date ..........

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

I wonder how many more catastrophic failings at XenForo will be ludicrously excused by people? It does make me larf.

People jump all over every minor vBulletin failing (and to be fair that's right and proper, it keeps companies on their toes), yet every time anyone points out failings at XenForo, endless excuses are made.

Every little incident like this dents customer confidence in the product. Doesn't actually matter whose fault it is.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Necrovaris
        • Oct 2009
        • 3.8.x

nevermind.
        Last edited by Necrovaris; Mon 4 Jun '12, 5:51am.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Necrovaris
          To be honest Mark I sometimes wonder why you even bother posting on or about XenForo any more.

Its obvious you use every excuse to bash the product, the people and the company.
          No I don't.

Auto renewals fail. It happens. It's happened to me. The world isn't going to end because the site was down for a few hours.
          Perhaps they are now reaping the benefits of the frankly contemptuous "silent treatment" they have subjected their customers too for months. Rumour, speculation and above all, mistrust.

They have brought it all on themselves. People aren't "bashing" them. People are saying, hang on, you invited us to trust you, you traded off your reputation here on vbulletin.com for honesty and integrity, and then after large numbers of people bought into their idea, they went silent and employed moderators who censor any naysayers.

XenForo isn't free software. It's commercial, paid software. In the same way that I held (and still do hold) Internet Brands to account if I feel that they abusing their position as suppliers I hae paid fr a product or service, so people are now holding XenForo to account.

There was an enormous and frankly unusual amount of goodwill aimed at XenForo. They could have been honest and said "look there are problems at the moment so development is on hold for a while", and most people would have understood and respected the honesty. Instead, we got the silent treatment and it is appalling given how much support they got at launch. In fact it actually makes me sad what a mess it has become.

So no, it's not "bashing".
          Last edited by Mark.B; Mon 4 Jun '12, 7:18am.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------

Comment

• djbaxter
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by AdrianH
            Typical internet rubbish. vB5 has been in development for a long time now. How people dream these things up or seriously believe them is beyond me ..........
            Yes, exactly. People with way too much time on their hands and lacking in critical thinking flock to conspiracy theories like flies to road kill.
            Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
            Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

• yogesh
              • May 2005

Frankly speaking, I have no idea what is going on at xenforo, and I only looked at it when they were in their first or second beta and although I liked the clean look of it, I frankly do not see them as a viable option for communities which now have to rub shoulders with social networking sites using custom software!

This is where I see vBulletin heading in the right direction, especially after the introduction of 4.2 and I am in a way glad, that I stuck with them.

Yes there are tons of usability issues, which are community specific at times, but at the end of the day, I do feel they are heading in the right direction and I am eagerly waiting for vBulletin 5 to make its debut.

Comment

• Necrovaris
                • Oct 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                so people are now holding XenForo to account.
                I don't see anyone holding XenForo to account. In fact I see the 98% supporting XenForo and udnerstanding the crippling situation they have been put in and take it for what it is. The 1% who would like some more immediate answers. And the 1% who just try to cause trouble.

Guess which group you fall into? I'll give you a hint, its neither of the first two.

I also see you neatly avoided my point of moving on like an adult. You have made your standpoint more than clear on Xenforo... so once again... why don't you just drop it and move on like an adult?

- - - Updated - - -

I also see you have posted your "opinions" on the unproffessionalism and doom and gloom of a simple renewal problem on 2 sites, but not XenForo, where the feedback should actually be? Why is that?

Comment

• wahaab786
                  • May 2012

i think so this to mush

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

I also see you neatly avoided my point of moving on like an adult. You have made your standpoint more than clear on Xenforo... so once again... why don't you just drop it and move on like an adult?
                    Ah. You mean, you're tired of reading opinions you don't like and so you'd like everyone to shut up?
                    Sorry, it doesn't work like that. There are serious concerns that are being ignored and have been ignored for months. You can brush them under the carpet if it suits you, that's fine, it's your licence. But don't expect others to do the same just because you tell them to.

I don't really think this discussion is best held here on vbulletin.com. You're welcome to join the discussion at Admin Addict if you have anything to add.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------

Comment

• Necrovaris
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                      Ah. You mean, you're tired of reading opinions you don't like and so you'd like everyone to shut up?
                      Sorry, it doesn't work like that. There are serious concerns that are being ignored and have been ignored for months. You can brush them under the carpet if it suits you, that's fine, it's your licence. But don't expect others to do the same just because you tell them to.

I don't really think this discussion is best held here on vbulletin.com. You're welcome to join the discussion at Admin Addict if you have anything to add.

Realy? I would think they are best at Xenforo.com...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

This is the vBulletin Pre-sales Questions forum, description:

Do you have a question you are dying to ask an existing vBulletin user about vBulletin and what you can do with it? Want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place!
                        ...not a forum to discuss what's happening with other software. As it is, this is speculative nonsense Any discussion on what's happening with other software should be held on their own or a general site.
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment