Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CRAIG@VM
    • May 2012

vbbulleting licence with hosting

hi i`ve been looking at http://glowhost.com/script_hosting/vbulletin.html they offer a vbulletin licence with all the logins if you sign up for 12 months on there $15 a month hosting package just wondering if any1 has used them and how good is there hosting.
    as i`ve not got the cash to buy the licence at the min so this deal seems good
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

We don't recomend purchasing vBulletin from anyone else than us. Be careful.

Comment

• CRAIG@VM
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Zachery
      We don't recomend purchasing vBulletin from anyone else than us. Be careful.
      well i`ve looked into it some more and you need to pay a year upfront witch is $227 so not a good deal if i had all the cash upfront i`d just buy a licence for $195 and stay with my host , i just wish there was some way of paying monthly for it as i really want vbulletin but cant spare the cash in 1 go at the min

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Certainly don't ever purchase vB as part of anyone's "hosting package". That way lies madness.

If you really cannot manage a full brand new licence you could always try for a second hand one, there are many third party marketplaces where these are offered for sale, but that isn't 100% secure either and a brand new licence is always the best and safest option.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• CRAIG@VM
          • May 2012

I think i do need to do something as i`m on mybb now and bein as mybb.com has just been hacked and hackers saying there releasing the database details it dont make me feel my site is safe now

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mark.B
          Certainly don't ever purchase vB as part of anyone's "hosting package". That way lies madness.

If you really cannot manage a full brand new licence you could always try for a second hand one, there are many third party marketplaces where these are offered for sale, but that isn't 100% secure either and a brand new licence is always the best and safest option.
          yes i think a second hand licence is the way to go can you recommend any sites to look for some forsale and how much do they go for i want just the forums 1

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mark.B

yes i think a second hand licence is the way to go can you recommend any sites to look for some forsale and how much do they go for i want just the forums 1

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

Originally posted by CRAIG@VM
            well i`ve looked into it some more and you need to pay a year upfront witch is $227 so not a good deal if i had all the cash upfront i`d just buy a licence for $195 and stay with my host , i just wish there was some way of paying monthly for it as i really want vbulletin but cant spare the cash in 1 go at the min
            That's how some hosts will try and tie you into staying with them. Never a good idea to purchase your vB license with a hosting company. Some have only purchased a second-hand license anyway for about £30-40, then ask you to pay a fortune for it and transfer into into your name, using part of the cash to renew it leaving them a nice fat profit made. That goes on!

Comment

• Eve_Ra
              • Nov 2007
              • 4.2.X

This site is totally illegal! vBulletin is not free; it's a paid software, and must be independent of the hosting.
              You can buy a license to an owner, with the agreement of vBulletin; but a licence can absolutely not freely provided with a hosting formula.
              Miaouuuu... Ne me caressez pas à rebrousse-poils, ça fait de l'électricité !

Comment

• AdrianH
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Eve_Ra
                This site is totally illegal! vBulletin is not free; it's a paid software, and must be independent of the hosting.
                You can buy a license to an owner, with the agreement of vBulletin; but a licence can absolutely not freely provided with a hosting formula.
                Hardly an accurate or helpful post.

The site in question is not illegal, they do not offer anything free, they provide a licensed vb set up with hosting and they are not the only site to provide such a service.

Comment

• Ace
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MRGTB
                  That's how some hosts will try and tie you into staying with them. Never a good idea to purchase your vB license with a hosting company. Some have only purchased a second-hand license anyway for about £30-40, then ask you to pay a fortune for it and transfer into into your name, using part of the cash to renew it leaving them a nice fat profit made. That goes on!
                  How do they manage that?

A second-hand license cannot be transferred, only one that you have purchased direct from here can be, and only once.
                  My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                  vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• MRGTB
                    • May 2005

In that case then I'm wrong.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Financing brings along its own list of costs and issues though. Unfortunately, it isn't something we're going to get into providing.

You can go buy yourself a loadable credit/debit card and put the money on there and then when you have enough purchase a license. I don't like using credit myself and do this for some large purchases. Takes a while but if something happens and I need the money elsewhere, I can do that.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CRAIG@VM
                        • May 2012

has this site ever been hacked like mybb.com has been?

Comment

• Ace
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 4.2.X

has this site ever been hacked like mybb.com has been?
                          No, it hasn't.
                          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• CRAIG@VM
                            • May 2012

thanks thats good to hear, cant wait to get on vb now been on the demo and it seem great and features that on mybb i`ve had to get plugins for seem to be allready built in on vb

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...