• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayc2014
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Monthly option

Hi,

I want to use my own domain name and maybe use one of the monthly options, Do i register a new domain name, Buy a monthly option and then point the DNS to your host?

All the best
    Justin
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

For a vBCloud package with your own domain name you should purchase the domain name first. Ideally you should purchase it from one of the registrars we have instructions listed for here:

Updating your CNAME record allows you to point your custom domain (e.g. myvbulletincloud.com) to the sub-domain assigned to your account. In order to do this you’ll need to visit your domain name registrar and update the records on their site. If you are also using the domain for a regular site, you’ll need to redirect a

Once you have the domain name, sign up for vBCloud. During sign up we will ask you the URL/domain you want to use. It must be a sub-domain of your domain name (such as forum.domain.com) it cannot simply be domain.com.

Once your vBCloud account is purchased you will get an email with a vbulletin.net subdomain you must use when you create the cname record for your domain.

DNS is not pointed to our servers in this process.

Comment

• jayc2014
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

Hi,

Ok, Thanks for the info, that clears up alot of my questions, I have just purchased to install on my host.

All the best
      Justin
      Last edited by jayc2014; Tue 29 Jul '14, 6:49am.

Comment