• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NthEdu
    • Jun 2014
    • 5.0.X

Please advise

Hi there,

I am planning to buy the forum for my www.NthEdu.com which is the space for scholars.
    here are my questions:

currently My other sites are hosted on Go daddy with unlimited space (Deluxe Hosting) with shared server.

1) If i Buy the forum, do i need to buy any VPS? or the current Deluxe Unlimited hosting is fair enough?

2) I do read , some People are advising in the forum to go for mobile bundle as it takes some time to make error free/stable. What is your bet on buying v5 connect along with mobile bundle together?

3) How long does it take to install the forum on Godaddy server? is there any difficulty for installing the forum?

4) Is there any SEO optimization/modules/plugins included in the forum?

5) I have my own php developer to customize the site...If we customize the site..then what about future upgrades?

4) are there any suggestions?

thanks
    NthEdu.com
  • donald1234
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

I think there are some issues regarding godaddy and vb 5 or vbulletin altogether for that matter.

You should have a read through the hosting section for some ideas.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Hello-

In all likelyhood you will not be able to install VB5 on GoDaddy shared servers. If you wish to use GoDaddy you can probably get away with using vBulletin 4.x Suite instead, but make sure you are on Linux hosting, not Windows shared hosting.

Comment

• NthEdu
        • Jun 2014
        • 5.0.X

Thanks for your Reply..I am planning to get out of go daddy and going for www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk. which is very good..to install this forum...which plan should I get in VPS or Regular webs hosting?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

For hosting info please check out our hosting forum - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...osting-options

There is no way for me to determine which will be the best plan for you- I would suggest the most expensive plan you can afford but only you know how big/complicated your site might be- it could be overkill.

A good host will easily let you move to bigger or smaller packages as needed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...